Author Topic: C-Clip Eliminators  (Read 10465 times)

Offline DCarr511

Re: C-Clip Eliminators
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 02:59:09 PM »
Does the c clip elim. rule apply to any and all vehicles regardless of speed ... or for those above a certain speed or Class entry ?
I have a 100 % stock 1986 Monte Carlo that my Son and I are ( were ?? ) hoping to enter and run at the June Event. I'm pretty certain that it wont break 100 MPH ... or an axle ..... but things happen

My Rule books are buried somewhere ..........

TIA

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
2008 rule book states on page 18 , 2.E Drive hubs
Late model GM type rear ends using stock "C" clip axle retainers are NOT acceptable.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 05:50:07 PM »
Actually it's on page 14 of the ECTA book, and Glen put it right(and word for word from the 2.E Drive Hubs) which is the last sentence of that article from either book.

Although from the best I can tell(due to the beginning of the ECTA paragraph starting with "Above 150 MPH", but not actually stated in the sentence in question though), the ECTA is only requiring this for cars that run over 150mph.

You got word from Joe that it's ok, and he is the president of the organization. So if he said you can run a basketball down the track, the only thing anyone else can say is... don't dribble on the track.

Hi Glen  :-D
Todd