Author Topic: Race car fonts  (Read 4254 times)

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
Race car fonts
« on: March 03, 2008, 11:58:27 AM »
Does anybody have any websites that have cool fonts for making your own decals on the net? I am changing the name of the car, and would like to see other examples. I currently have micrsoft word, just the basics.

TIA
Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Race car fonts
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
Clay, I've been going to a local sign shop for years -- and having them do my decals.  They've (and I presume most all sign shops) have zillions of fonts and style and resources -- probably far more than you'll find on your own.  Try out one of 'em and see.

The local shop has done things for me like find a decal from an organization and customize it for me (different shape, different color, whatever).  I have decals in reflective material on the truck and bike, and some in NOT reflective, too.  They print whatever colors you want (if they don't have the correct color of vinyl).

Here's shot of us and the truck, taken a couple of years ago -- and you can see some of the decals on the truck.  The bike has airbrushed paint for the ice, but decals elsewhere.  Anything you want - check out those sign shops.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com