Author Topic: Charlie Toy Fairing?  (Read 35552 times)

landracing

Re: Charlie Toy Fairing?
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2008, 12:57:42 AM »
I have always had handling problems with the bike. of course I have only gone the speeds I have with this body work.
I have changed a few things other then the body work and it still persits.

I have made some pretty major changes to the bike but was never able to get back on the salt in 07 to test the changes out.

I made fork and shock changes, different steering stabalizer and mounting system and modified the body work. I have no clue what these will do to me, if I crash I guess I know I went the wrong way with it.

However there are many who use the bodywork and go much faster then I do. without changing anything. I think Im just dummer then the average person.

Here are some of the changes I did, I have some strong recommendations that I am going the wrong way, but that is what I love about the sport, I can do what I want and i will always think im doing the right thing until I prove to myself I was wrong.

landracing

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2008, 01:00:44 AM »
Here are the rest

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2008, 01:33:03 AM »
Please tell me about the tail section of your bike and what you thoughts were when you made the change.

Thanks for the pix,
Scott

racin jason

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2008, 01:38:43 AM »
my toy bodied r1 ran:
197mph unfaired on fuel with toy tail
216mph faired on fuel with toy front and rear fairing
206mph on fuel stock yamaha bodywork.

the front toy body is worth 19mph over unfaired. cheap mph for sure!

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2008, 03:13:57 AM »
kent , i live wayyyy down here, half a world away from you and your orginization, i wouldn`t have a clue who worked for you, and if my observations have dragged up bad blood, well im sorry but it surely was not my intention to do that,,, that said, as a member of this forum i can ask what i like, and as you know lsr is new to australia, so there is a lot for us to learn,,,, now the reason i posted my observation, is that i have started on a new project, with the view to running the complete toy package, and wanted to find out more about it... i wasnt going to post till latter in the year, but since isiahstites had bought the subject up, i went with it,, i am coming over to la in november for the nhra finals, whilst there i was planning on dropping in and discussing my project with you :-)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2008, 05:03:45 AM »

ps staytee.. brining up bad blood between me and a couple of my ex employees wont score ya any points.... wasnt it you that wanted to buy a toy setup a couple of years ago? good luck to ya...

Kent, That was me who wanted a toy fairing not Stay'tee , best let sleeping dogs lie
slower than most

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2008, 07:45:24 AM »
brining up bad blood between me and a couple of my ex employees wont score ya any points.... wasnt it you that wanted to buy a toy setup a couple of years ago? good luck to ya...

Are you loosing track of who all you've pissed off Kent?
A list "keeps your enemies closer", but a well phrased public statement or two can bring that list up to date by the "immediatte show of hands" it causes.  :wink:

Just trying to help, I hate to see you accidentally trick yourself into making money off someone you don't like :roll:
Todd

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2008, 08:43:19 AM »
Hopefully I will have some answers in May when my bike goes in the A2 wind tunnel. I bought the Toy replica from Kent because I did and still do think it is the best mass produced aero body. Nice thick glass Airtech uses and how do I know?  Because I had to hack it for inspection after it had set records the previous year. :x    The first year (2003) it effortlessly went over 250 in each mile on seperate runs. Due to malfunctioning electronics the engine was only giving about half of it's total power. It has not handled well anytime since and I have exacerbated the problem with more ballast. Returning to it's original form still did not solve the problem. The bike was designed and built for the bodywork  (77" WB) unlike the stock frames everyone else uses. No one said this stuff is easy but we will keep trying. That is the one thing about being old, stubborn is along for the ride.  :lol:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2008, 09:16:54 AM »
The wise will eventually learn how he got to be so old and so fast, but not before they try their wings and do a couple of face plants. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2008, 12:39:54 PM »
Todd... i dont know how many i've pissed off but i damn sure remember who is on my list... Its not about the money todd... never has and never will be....
And yes, i absolutely remember the dig you had thrown at me gary... You probably dont know it, but yes it was Ronnie who emailed and PM'd me about a toy fairing... ya see he wanted to smack gary down and go faster than him, he didnt have very kind things to say about gary so i offered him a deal... do ya remember those emails Ronnie? do ya want me to post 'em to refresh your memory... I dont know how you guys say it down under but up here it goes somethin like this.... no shirt, no shoes, no service..... chalk up another one

Jon, "McClintock"

kent

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2008, 01:18:38 PM »
hmmm.... so Kent, does the fact that you didn't answer me infer that I'm on the naughty list or the nice list......

...and how come you answer Todd & not me when he's clearly, publically stated in no uncertain terms that he does NOT love you!?  :-D

maybe your fairing was on my list of future parts as I strive to single handedly take over the land racing world on my little bike! What's a girl to do? 

Deb :evil:
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
Be patient with him, he is just a (kid) guy.
That goes for both of them. :-D
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline stay`tee

• "Kawasaki ZX12 Turbocharged"
« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2008, 04:54:02 PM »
kent, i post an innocent question on here, the comments recieved by everyone have been very informative, thankyou,, however your response has left me gobsmacked, by all means, pm, my said comments concerning gary to him and me, (in my words, not your interpertations).
if you have a problem with aussies thats your problem, i have no and never have had a problem with gary, and until now, you, as we say in australia "build a bridge, get over it". :-)..
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2008, 08:45:28 PM »
deb i love the way ya wink at me...you can get on my naughty list any time.... its my pissed off list ya wanna avoid.... your one of my favorites....
kr

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2008, 03:48:42 AM »
Todd... i dont know how many i've pissed off but i damn sure remember who is on my list... Its not about the money todd... never has and never will be....
And yes, i absolutely remember the dig you had thrown at me gary... You probably dont know it, but yes it was Ronnie who emailed and PM'd me about a toy fairing... ya see he wanted to smack gary down and go faster than him, he didnt have very kind things to say about gary so i offered him a deal... do ya remember those emails Ronnie? do ya want me to post 'em to refresh your memory... I dont know how you guys say it down under but up here it goes somethin like this.... no shirt, no shoes, no service..... chalk up another one

Jon, "McClintock"

kent

Ronnie you bad boy Im shattered  :-D Oh and Kent we Aussies do have a saying for blokes that place their mouths into gear before their brains   :-P :-D 

slower than most