Author Topic: Frame jig  (Read 8463 times)

Offline sheribuchta

Frame jig
« on: February 27, 2008, 07:11:44 PM »
the jig is up...
Willie had some free time yesterday so he finished up his jig. He already had the I beam which is 8inx8inx10ft long flat beam(Some beams have a crown). The cross members are 2x2 in. square tube. They have 2 pieces of angle iron welded on the bottom to keep them squared and centered on the beam. The top has a 1/2 in. slot milled on the top. A piece of angle iron with a hole, a bolt and a piece of flat 1/4 inch inside drilled and tapped. The angle iron on top slides in and out or turns it any angle. There are 6 crossmembers, one every two feet. This particular jig is set up for a frame that I am going to build. I probably won't start the project till May because I am loaded down with other projects right now.
See you on the dirt and on the salt.
Willie Buchta

Offline sheribuchta

Re: Frame jig
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 07:18:36 PM »
here are the pics

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »
more pics  left click on mouse to enlarge

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 10:47:24 AM »
Willie, what is the jig for? what are you building?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:00:55 AM »
a streamliner  for a customer  i will post the build here    willie buchta

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 04:42:55 PM »
Forget the jig, I just want the shop.  Nice to see a clean floor.  It says a lot about the craftsmanship of the owner.................. and no, I don't know him............Bob
Bob Drury

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 07:51:43 AM »
Willie---thanks for the picts---I can see some new attachments coming for my JIG---thanks for the ideas
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 03:27:45 PM »
what kind of liner?
kr

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 04:41:02 PM »
kent   i was in the shop this morning i turned on a band saw it was makeing a strange noise i listened to it for a while and i swear it sounded like  landracing-landracing-landracing-landracing over and over again i finally turned it off and went in the house and realized i had forgot to take my morning meds----a sidecar of course     willie buchta

bak189

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
O.K.....now we have 3 sidecar streamliners...and one in the works......what is this world comming to?....................................................................................

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 06:56:24 PM »
O.K.....now we have 3 sidecar streamliners...and one in the works......what is this world comming to?....................................................................................

CRUTCHES 8-)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline willieworld

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 01:09:40 AM »
hello all   i had some time so i finally got the frame jig painted

here is the finished project

willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

saltfever

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 01:52:50 AM »
Thanks for posting the pics, Willie. Some very nice ideas.  The paint job looks nice.  I hate to see the jig after the project is over when all the extra tabs and gizmos have been randomly ground or welded all over it as the need arises  :-D