Author Topic: PMS-MoFa & Scooter-questions-topic  (Read 17843 times)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Re: PMS newcomers questions topic
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2008, 09:16:58 AM »
The pipe will take you out of production class, the rule says it must be a stock apearing exhaust system and looking at the end of the muffler the exit orfice must be the same diameter as from the factory.(paraphrased not word for word)
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 10:05:28 AM »
Production or PPartial--They get really "picky" about "STOCK APPEARANCE"--even to rake and ride height---been there--been "DONE"  :-o
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

bak189

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »
Interesting.......If Tom were to enter the P (production) class at SCTA/BNI or WOS, he better bring lots of pictures of a "stock"
Kreidler.............I don't think the Tech. inspectors
have inspected a Kreidler in resent times............
At the BUB....."FIM Charlie" might be helpfull.......

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2008, 10:44:29 PM »
Interesting.......If Tom were to enter the P (production) class at SCTA/BNI or WOS, he better bring lots of pictures of a "stock"
Kreidler.............I don't think the Tech. inspectors
have inspected a Kreidler in resent times............

Exactly what the rulebook says, bring proof you are production. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline PMS

• New folks
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008, 05:10:40 PM »
The pipe will take you out of production class, the rule says it must be a stock apearing exhaust system and looking at the end of the muffler the exit orfice must be the same diameter as from the factory.(paraphrased not word for word)

We are back...we had a nice wheater in Suedtirol..nice roads..drive thrue SCHWEITZ..AUSTRIA..Italy...with a FORD FOKUS ST(220hp)..nice on the road! :-D

ok..thanks a lot for the many news!!
I think the class P ist not realy the class we want to drive...with the MoFa-motor we maybe made a speed of 40-45mp/h..with this P-rules..the motor was at a few points for max. speed of 15,5mp/h made at law..extra small carb(10mm)..cyl. with only 1,5hp..a pipe with very small orfice... :-(

Than the M or MPS...A or APS...
Pic`s from the stock parts and bikes are no problem....
But what did the Inspectors say about the frame...you know built for the high speed of 15,5mp/h!! :-D
OK..I tested on my one...1982...with~53mp/h..with no hands on the handlebar..no problem with the stock frame and wheels..brakes..shocks.
Must the frame look like the stock in M or A classes?

Greetings from Germany

Tom

When I take of this parts of the MoFa...wich class is that?
M or A ?

ps:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 07:35:27 AM by PMS »

Offline PMS

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »
When I take of this parts of the MoFa...wich class is that?
M or A ?

ok..in both classes we may remove the fenders.

next...I read,that only one brake must be on function..is that right?only the back break?
It is better to have only one brake??why?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 02:31:23 PM by PMS »

Offline emx

• New folks
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008, 12:30:46 PM »
hi tom,

you must be the guy from ludwigsburg ?
(as i heard from porky pie)

nice flory btw.

i´m mark from stuttgart and try to race 20089 as well.

we should meet and exchange some infos.

cheers,

mark

Offline PMS

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008, 01:59:45 AM »
hi tom,

you must be the guy from ludwigsburg ?
(as i heard from porky pie)

nice flory btw.

i´m mark from stuttgart and try to race 20089 as well.

we should meet and exchange some infos.

cheers,

mark

Hello Mark,
yes I am from Ludwigsburg..near Kornwestheim..the "home" of KREIDLER! :-D
Send me a pn and we meet us or tel.,no problem.
Hope we can start in 2008..but I think with test the MoFa etc. we start better in 2009... :roll:
To many questions about the rules...
With the MoFa we made us a dream,but the rules don`t made a differnce about MoFa..Moped..etc..only 50cc!!
In class P with the MoFa we had now chance.....you know the Germany restriction on the MoFa-motors :|
Maybe it`s better to use a Florett frame...than use the 4.or 5. gear motor...based on the 2,9 (small cyl.) or 6,8 hp motor.

cu
tom

ps:one question about the gripp on the white dyno (I like taht name! :-D).
Pork Pie told me we had about 10% less speed at the saltflat than on the road...what trick do you made??
Less pressure at the tires??Special tires?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 02:06:12 AM by PMS »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2008, 05:14:32 PM »
A lot of high-powered vehicles lose speed by spinning the tires.  I don't think your 50cc motorcycle will have this problem.

Pork may have been referring to the horsepower loses because of the high altitude -- almost one mile above sea level.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2008, 05:19:08 PM »
.....................Pork Pie told me we had about 10% less speed at the saltflat than on the road...what trick do you made??..........

Bring some sea level air with you.  The salt is about 1370 meters above sea level. 

Welcome to LSR,

Sum

Offline PMS

• New folks
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2008, 03:18:55 AM »
A lot of high-powered vehicles lose speed by spinning the tires.  I don't think your 50cc motorcycle will have this problem.

Pork may have been referring to the horsepower loses because of the high altitude -- almost one mile above sea level.

Thats right...Pork told my about the high altitude..I forgot to write...
So I made better test in higher area at home to have a better setup-start at the white dyno...

we had some nice roads in ~1200 m...

ok..so whats about the pressure in the tires at the 50cc bikes when I had no spinning ??

About classes:
Yesterday I tel. with Pork....the class P are nor realy good for us with the MoFa.
So better try A or M class...

Tom

Offline PMS

• New folks
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2008, 10:54:40 AM »
Welcome to LSR,

Sum

Thanks.. :-)

..next week at 5 March we spend our holidays in PERU...drive some high roads (max.4800m!!)..swim in the beach>summer!

We had a little stop-over in Dallas (5.March at 2.30pm) and take off at 6 pm to Miami (9.30 pm)..hope to take off to PERU at 12pm..or we must stay one night in Miami.
At 28.March we are back again and we start to build the high-speed-MoFa! :-D

Tom

Offline PMS

• New folks
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »
OK..no I am still here...need more informations from you... :-D

In class M or A

Question:
-The orig. Mofa-motor had 3.gears...it`s alowed to change the gearbox?Outside it`s the same..inside  we can made a 4.or 5. gearbox..

-The MoFa had a handgear and have pedals like a bicycle...shoud we change into a footgearing without pedals?

We know..it was a lot easier to put the Florett frame/bike...but we like the challenge..had a dream. :evil:

Hope we had enough rules informations till end of March,so we can start to built a fast Mofa.
Then we can post some pics from the MoFa,and we hope you will help us to find a class or to change some parts from the MoFa that we are able to start end of the year....or 2009.

Greetings from the cold Germany

Tom

bak189

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2008, 11:35:22 PM »
Greeting from WARM Arizona, U.S.A.

You still have not told us which organization you plan to race with......................................................

AMA (BUB) national records 2007
M-AG     70.314mph
M-AF      74.752mph
A-AG      72.558mph
A-AF      80.949mph

50c.c. class                         Good Luck............

P.S. one of the AMA 50c.c. records set in 1977 was a Kreidler at 81.986mph in the MPS-AG

Offline PMS

• New folks
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2008, 01:48:18 AM »
Greeting from WARM Arizona, U.S.A.

You still have not told us which organization you plan to race with......................................................

AMA (BUB) national records 2007
M-AG     70.314mph
M-AF      74.752mph
A-AG      72.558mph
A-AF      80.949mph

50c.c. class                         Good Luck............

P.S. one of the AMA 50c.c. records set in 1977 was a Kreidler at 81.986mph in the MPS-AG

I know the rules from the diferent org. was not the same,but some of them are similar..
It`s the time when the event starts...we only can start end of september or May.
At the begining of September we had our 8h -MoFa-endurance...so no time for the speed MoFa! :|

Thanks for the records in classes and the luck. :-)
I see,some of the records are 30 years old!!wow...hope we are able to beat them...

But Fuel and GAS...Fuel ist the normal patrol and Gas are a mix from alcohol etc.?
We even use normal petrol from the station...about 98-100 octan.

In class MPS..we can use any covering from a bike?? :?