Author Topic: Recommendations for a newbie please.  (Read 7344 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Recommendations for a newbie please.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 01:33:58 PM »
Hi everyone, i was reading this topic and realized George is got a project very similar to my future plan. I own a 91 Syclone and have been dreaming of one day taking it to Bonneville, im still not so sure how i should mod my truck's engine yet but one thing is sure, im going to take the front differential and transfer case off and install a gear vendors over drive unit and do as much aerodynamic tweaks as the brick body allows. I think most of the fun and accomplishment comes out of doing the most of the little you got.

Rudy.

I don't know if I'd be real quick on pulling the stuff out from under the Syclone.  Some guys would die for it, but the rules won't let them have it, but you might be able to depending on the class you are going to run.  Am I right on that anyone??

Also Sparky (posted above you) is a gear vendors fan, I'm not in most cases.  The 20% overdrive can be a bit much at the wrong end of the track depending....

We are running a G-Force that along with others let's you setup the 3rd gear set as an overdrive and they have many, many gear ratio options.  We are running just 7% overdrive at the moment.  The other advantage these have is 1st and 2nd in the 4 speed models have many gear ration options also and they are strong for high HP applications, so you kill two birds with one stone.  It can take high HP and you have control over all the gear ratios except the 1 to 1 in one gear.

Good luck with your project,

Sum