Author Topic: Rake and Trail  (Read 14625 times)

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: Rake and Trail
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2008, 07:49:50 PM »
you should have heard my eyes roll at the meeting

Is eye rolling all that is allowed, or is there another reason for this meeting?
Todd

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2008, 08:26:33 PM »
In days past when a MC common interest meeting was open to all at Bonneville on a well publicized evening, it was very well attended and productive.
It featured participation from every back ground, type of entry, and experience level.
Sadly, those days are out the door, as will be the whole of the MC program at Speedweek if it continues along the path it has been reduced to. :x
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2008, 09:51:18 PM »
So who's brilliant idea was it and were you the only no vote Kent? 
YA GOTTA WONDER....
Jack, maybe the object of the exercise is to eliminate the bikes...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2008, 10:23:23 PM »
When push comes to shove, guess who is most likely to fall off the end of the earth. :-(
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 02:45:30 AM »
oh,oh,oh,...i know the answer to that one...me.!.....  :roll:

stainless i wasnt the only no.!...

willie, that last meeting actually went pretty smooth...their usually filled with a lot of petty bitching, complaints, and rule chage proposals that have self serving adjendas...a lot of waisted time for volinteers and racers who would rather be working on their own stuff....i think it went smoothly cuz we stuck to only items that were presented for discussion before the meeting... and when the item went to the floor for discussion the sg of arms (me) had the unfortunate job of smacking down drunkin ramblers (Noonan :-D )  so we wound up with a pretty efficient meeting... if we used this format to the old speedweek and Sept elmo meetings we could probably tweek the book so most of everyone would be happy...

what i would really like to do is to get Mr Dolan back involved....but he is too busy playing behind the key board shit stirer...really Jack you have a tremendous anount of knowledge and history that is important to us.... remember you were the guy i came to when i rewrote the PS rule and you told me the over head thing originaly came about when Flanders busted Tom Evans fairing on his harley...that information was critical when i needed to know how, why and when the rule originated so i could understand the intent and then cane up with a clear definition...jack you really need to come out and play with us again...
love ya
kent

Offline panic

• My tech papers
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »
Sorry, still not getting it.
"they reflect a lack of understanding on the part of the authors"

Without completely dispensing with modesty, I'm fairly smart. I have some experience with chassis design, built some primitive engines, have a narrow history of motorcycle racing, some basic physics, civil law.
Until I began visiting here, I would never have presumed to impose an opinion - my presumption being that the rules were the result of much painstaking work by people better than myself.
Some of what I've read here matches the Mississippi State legislature "deciding" that Pi = 4.

I'll just sum this up, and then stop.

What qualifies them to make this stuff up?

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 11:34:02 AM »
A review of my activities with respect to LSR, indicates to me that I am not a "Shrinking Violet", nor am I hiding anonymously " behind a keyboard".
My intent is to share,  provoke some thought, and then measure the reaction.
From that might grow some thoughts from others, but when you stick to the facts, it doesn't generate much argument.
When the whole thing is reduced to politricks, I am most unkind. :wink:

NOTE: I think Panic gets it.