Author Topic: McKee transaxel  (Read 21069 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

Re: McKee transaxel
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 07:56:29 PM »
A friend of mine bought a complete McKee race car in about 1980 or so.  He pulled the (very crude) body off the car and installed a Lola MKIIIBg/t body - and drove it on the street!  His had a built-to-the-teeth SBC with Webers.  Ran great.  There's a significant drawback to the McKee transaxle.  To fit it in the available space the tailshaft - and reverse - has to be removed.  I pushed that car out of parking spaces on MANY occasions!  We tried not to park in spots that couldn't be driven thru but sometimes we'd take it to lunch in Ann Arbor and we didn't always have a choice of spots.  The car drew a crowd wherever we went.

Sold it to buy one of those little Lotus' that looked like a tow truck.  His had a 215 Buick and 180 degree headers.  But that's another story.

Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 08:14:37 PM »
Thanks Dan. We had one in the race car but I didn't remember the missing reverse. Makes sense now I think about it.

Pete

Offline jagman

• New folks
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 08:16:48 AM »
I am looking for a Mckee Transaxle for a Cooper Monaco the one with the T-10 gearbox. the casing is in rough shape. i have tried Cam-Am but they do not have a casing. the car is in the UK. and i will put you in touch with them.
Anthony Drawmer.

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 12:56:40 PM »
I believe McKee are still in business. They are in Illinois.

Pete

Offline John Burk

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 12:52:13 PM »
Several years ago when I called Bob McKee his shop # was 847 540 9975 .

Offline racefan

• New folks
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 07:52:57 PM »
I have a McKee transaxle w/shift linkage and suspension with control arms, half shafts, brakes, trailing arms, and koni shocks. They were given to me by a friend in 1985 when he moved to california. He helped his boss at work remove it from a McKee road race car (model unknown). The car was dismanteled for the engine which was a Crysler Hemi. I have had these parts in my garage since then and have been trying to sell them for about a year, but don't know the value and can't find anyone who is in need of them. I know there are still some Mckees out there and have conversed with owners of them by e-mail. I don't want to trash these parts. I would appreciate any help in finding the value of these parts and a buyer.

Parts have been sold.

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2011, 11:40:15 PM »
I seem to recall an article about a hemi powered McKee CanAm car. Article said it was 1 of 1 though, so odds are slim it was that particular one.

This one, perhaps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTSm2qd4LII&feature=endscreen&NR=1
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Velo

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:52 PM »
HI,

I'm looking for pinion and ringgear to  McKee transaxle, can anybody help ?

Thank You
Mogens :-(