Author Topic: Old car new entry Attn: Dan Warner  (Read 4529 times)

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
Old car new entry Attn: Dan Warner
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:58:51 PM »
I am in the process of buying the Warp speed bandit Geo Metro. The car will be changing names as well as the car number. However the previous owner will still be driving the car and remain a participant at Bonneville.
Do I need to keep a build/change log?
Also, at speed week, does this now mean that its a new car? Meaning do I need to be in the new car tech line?

TIA
Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
Re: Old car new entry Attn: Dan Warner
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 03:35:53 PM »
If the car has been raced it is not a new car/vehicle however all licensing for the driver would have to occur and if the driver has not made any runs he would have to attend a drivers/rookie meeting.

John

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 05:15:15 PM »
my understanding is..if ya use the old log book its not a new car....

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »
If it's not in Impouds I don't think Dan cares much. However if you see him and he appears thirsty; I would offer him a brew in case you ever do get into Impounds............... :-D
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline BAKERSFIELD BOYS

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 11:30:48 PM »
THE RULE BOOK STATES THAT THE LOG BOOK MUST STAY WITH THE CAR.   EVEN IF CAR IS SOLD TO NEW OWNERS. S.C.T.A. IS NOT TO GIVE A NEW LOG BOOK TO A CAR THAT HAS RACED AT THE LAKES OR BONNEVILLE. THIS IS TO KEEP TRACK OF THE CAR AN IF IT HAS HAD  A ACCIDENT OR SET A RECORD ECT  THE LOG BOOK SHOWS PAST AN PRESENT OWNERS OF THE CAR . IS THIS  CORRECT  OR CAN A OLD OR NEW OWNER TELL THEM HEY I LOST THE LOG BOOK  NEED A NEW ONE AN GET ONE OUT THE BACK DOOR JUST WONDERING IF THE LOG BOOK RULE WAS IN CONCRETE OF MUD

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 11:18:20 AM »
Still got that cap key locked down, huh?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

ModelTSteve

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 08:41:37 PM »
You need the log book. If you don't have it I might just treat you like a new car and put you in the "New Car Inspection" line. No one wants to go there if they can avoid it!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 09:14:43 PM »
You need the log book. If you don't have it I might just treat you like a new car and put you in the "New Car Inspection" line. No one wants to go there if they can avoid it!

Unless it is the shortest line... :roll:
Of course this all implies that you don't mind being in a line... Bonneville is a wait in line sort of place, hurry up and wait sort of place...  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Freud

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 12:25:01 AM »
Stainless..........retired people belong in line.

That way they don't have to try to explain what they have been doing.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 12:35:19 AM »
Stainless..........retired people belong in line.

That way they don't have to try to explain what they have been doing.

FREUD

Hey I resemble that remark!  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Jonny Hotnuts

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »
Many peeps said it was all hell going through the new car line and honestly I was really worried about it. After going through the new car line I ended up coming away feeling it was a good experience...I was given some insight on things to do and not do in the future. It helped that I knew the rulebook almost line for line and could explain why I did some of the things I did that the inspectors thought were "unconventional". IMO if a car is sold it should go through the new car line just to make sure the owner-driver knows the car inside and out (as they should) and have a working knowledge of the rulebook.

I know that Clay has been involved with the WSB for a long time and knows the car....but I could see someone that has never seen salt or read the rulebook buy a car and run it without knowing anything about it...just because the CAR has run before.

Congrats on getting the WSB....perfect foundation to mount an ass kicking campaign.
jonny_hotnuts@hotmail.com

"Sometimes it is impossible to deal with her, but most of the time she is very sweet, and if you caress her properly she will sing beautifully."
*Andres Segovia
(when Im not working on the car, I am ususally playing classical guitar)