Author Topic: Midwest Lakester Build !!  (Read 49384 times)

Offline 17dracing

Re: Midwest Lakester Build !!
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2008, 08:27:43 PM »
Well we got the motor !! Thanks Jim  !!! (Linder Technical Services) out of Indianapolis In. Great guys awesome shop !!! Well we plan to have it in by monday or tuesday night,waiting on some parts to come in so we can get it fired up !! Thinking about raising ride height for Maxton ,so that will be something else i will be working on !!! Here is another pix. (getting ready to drop motor in )!!!

Offline GMC BUBBA

• New folks
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2008, 01:15:38 PM »
Glad to help ! I got to thinking ( terrible thing ) its kinda selfish to keep these old engines sitting on the engine stand ,they were made to run so lets run em!
I will get your ignition system built and out to ya as well as my oil priming tool .
Let me know when need anything else. Me and the boys can ride over your way for the firing up party if you need some help. Got to hear this one run.
 :-D

Offline 17dracing

« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2008, 03:09:34 PM »
Jim I did have to change our motor mounts ,our block is the milatary one ,with the taller bolt pattern on drivers side ,no biggie though it's done already, and in the car !!! My boy wants to work in your shop now,he was impressed !!!Well I have spent enuffff time on here ,I better get back to work !!! Yes you guys are more than welcome to head over ,should be ready by the end of the week !!!

Offline DSR Bruts

• Salt Fever Reliever 1
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2008, 10:34:16 PM »
Never replied before, but your emails from all you guys inspire me, as I work on my new (old) D/SR here in Kansas City....in the middle of a good 'ole midwestern winter.  I am just the opposite of you, began building my 27 Highboy in '81 for the street, but spent time at B'ville in the '70's...when I worked for Holley....thought they was all nuts!  Now I guess I'm nuts too.  Mine is Car 778 (number to be confirmed) and its Hugger Orange running a Boss 302.  Building it by myself in my small 2 car garage......Good Luck to you guys, I'll see you at the Salt for a week of fun.  Give me your address, and when I come through Indy, I'll stop by.....Keep up the great work!
Bill and Ross Brutsman
778 D/STR
SDRC, BNI, SCTA, NSRA, SEMA
De Oppresso Liber

Offline GMC BUBBA

• New folks
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2008, 07:50:47 PM »
Bruts,

You are more than welcome to stop by in Indy when in town. We are on gasoline alley , west side by the Indy 500 track. Stop by when ya get a chance.  Bubbas Hot Rod Shop and Linder Fuel Injection,  30G Gasoline Alley  Indianapolis Indiana

www.lindertech.com
www.gasolinealleyshops.org

Offline GMC BUBBA

• New folks
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »
Erin,
I built you a killer ignition system today. Electronic module (GM parts), custom wires and a msd killer ignition coil. Also sent ya the oil pump primer for the engine. Let me know when ya get it.

Offline 17dracing

« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2008, 09:36:07 PM »
Great !! I will let you know !!! Thanks again !!! We got the fuel pump in and mounted,dual oil filters in and mounted ! Were going to use the original oil fill tube and breather (just for the cool factor) ! 3 weeks and counting down !!!!!!

Offline DSR Bruts

• Salt Fever Reliever 1
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2008, 10:46:29 PM »
Thanks for the invite!  Tonight, I am pulling my custom built independent suspension out of my former street rod and picked up my narrowed (53") 9" Ford axle out of a totally wasted 81 Ford Pick-Up at Pick a Part here in Kansas City.  Hopefully, I will have it in by this weekend with the exception of the final welding on the traction bars.  I am using a Panhard Bar in the rear.  Next to finish up my "all-in-one" push bar/chute anchor/chute pack bar (totally adjustable by the way) that goes up and over the rear lower deck of my '27 Ford Roadster.  Last time I was at the Brickyard was with Jim Wheeler, who owns Powerdyne Centrifical Superchargers.  He was brought up around Indy Cars, and is Joey "JR" Granatelli's God Father.  He also owns a couple of the Indy Roadsters on display in the museum....was a great time seeing the cars and history at the museum!  Well, back to the roadster.  After the push bar final fit, on to the Boss 302.....maybe I should switch to a GMC 302.  A friend of mine has one in a HAMB Dragster that he is just finishing up, with all the best parts, like yours.

Thanks Again!  Have a Great Day!
Bill and Ross Brutsman
778 D/STR
SDRC, BNI, SCTA, NSRA, SEMA
De Oppresso Liber

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2008, 12:47:59 AM »
you guys keep talking up the Jimmy 302s  and I may have to put a different eng in my bobber '42 truck..
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Ron Golden

• New folks
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2008, 01:58:24 PM »

I'm ashamed of taking so long to build my project. I want some of the drugs you take so I can have that much energy. Seriously, the car looks good and I'd be really interested to know how it runs.

Another Kansas City, 302 Jimmy builder here. This one is going in a HAMB dragster.

321 cid, 12:1 CR, 8.111 c-c rods, JE pistons, Dema Elgin cam, self built aluminum roller rocker assembly, self built 3 x 2 Intake with Rochester 2GC carbs. Not sure what the header will be but will test several on the engine dyno at K&M Machine Shop in Raytown. Fortunately I have lots of time available on the dyno since I dyno and tune all their engines.

Ron

Offline 17dracing

« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2008, 03:46:54 PM »
Ron can I get a pix. of your roller rocker assembly ? Thanks !!!! No drugs here just the excitement of getting it done !!!!! Can't wait !!!!!

Offline GMC BUBBA

• New folks
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2008, 04:01:21 PM »

I'm ashamed of taking so long to build my project. I want some of the drugs you take so I can have that much energy. Seriously, the car looks good and I'd be really interested to know how it runs.

Another Kansas City, 302 Jimmy builder here. This one is going in a HAMB dragster.

321 cid, 12:1 CR, 8.111 c-c rods, JE pistons, Dema Elgin cam, self built aluminum roller rocker assembly, self built 3 x 2 Intake with Rochester 2GC carbs. Not sure what the header will be but will test several on the engine dyno at K&M Machine Shop in Raytown. Fortunately I have lots of time available on the dyno since I dyno and tune all their engines.

Ron

Ron,
You making the Goodguys Indy event this year?  Hamb drags later on?
We are putting a trans in my hambster , didnt work very well without one..Car actually hooked up the few runs we tried last year.  Oh well it sounded good at the time  :-o

Offline Ron Golden

• New folks
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2008, 04:47:57 PM »
My email:

Goldenri@aol.com

Ron

Offline Ron Golden

• New folks
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2008, 04:49:55 PM »
Damn computer.

Email me and I'll get back to you.

Bubba...I'll try to make Indy.

Ron

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2008, 09:43:37 PM »
It's been killing me not knowing how far you've gotten in the last few weeks.

Your fans demand an update!
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: