Author Topic: My LS Bike Build Part 2  (Read 70456 times)

Offline isiahstites

Re: My LS Bike Build Part 2
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2008, 11:51:53 AM »

Au contraire, you should point out errors that I commit -- otherwise I'll never learn.

Probably not a good idea on my part as I make a lot more mistakes than you do!

Offline mtkawboy

« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2008, 01:26:50 PM »
Great job on the bike. I was wondering if you could tell me the part number for the K&N you have on there. Id like to replace the paper one on my 124 S&S street bike. Thanks a lot for any help

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2008, 02:21:42 AM »
That really looks good now I think you have made a fantastic job with it I noticed a red line around the fairing where the Exhaust exits are you going to give the pipes a bit more clearance so it dosent get too hot around them? last thing you want is to melt all that hard work.Front profile is very impressive Although I wouldnt be able to sleep at night worrying about that magnet letting go would it not be cheeper in the long run to replace the unit if if you can get one at the right price you dont want to get on the salt and damage something if it does let go but hey thats just me keep up the good work.Great Scott.
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2008, 09:28:25 AM »
Scott, the scooter is looking great, nice job.  Noticed your surviving stickers, are you one of Uncle's Misguided Children? 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2008, 08:34:23 PM »
Scott, the scooter is looking great, nice job.  Noticed your surviving stickers, are you one of Uncle's Misguided Children? 

Thanks for the first part of your post. I am confused about the second post......please explain I lost and misguided.

Scott

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2008, 09:21:56 PM »
Scott, not the Roadster club....  talking about your USMC (Uncle Sam's Misguided Children) sticker, you know, just wondering if you might be one of the guys that have to screw their hat on.....  :-D  My older brother was a Marine, I chose the easier path, USAF.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2008, 10:16:15 PM »
Scott, not the Roadster club....  talking about your USMC (Uncle Sam's Misguided Children) sticker, you know, just wondering if you might be one of the guys that have to screw their hat on.....  :-D  My older brother was a Marine, I chose the easier path, USAF.

Had you put the Sam part in there I probably would of gotten it!! Yep I screw my hat on. My little brother wanted to join the Marine Corps and I told him that if he ever was going to listen to me once in his life the time was now, I told him to join USAF. I couldn't believe it but he actually listened.

Scott

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2008, 12:38:34 AM »
It has been extremely busy week for me, my dam job gets in the way of me finishing what is really important!

I got the primary all back together and the new clutch cable installed.

The regulator is mounted.

New chain and new sprocket installed.

I shortened the handlebars to give me the proper clearances I need in the fairing.

The exhaust has been cut flush to match the contour of the fairing.

Kickstand

Bike has been disassembled and painted.

Well the first hell week is over and it is time for the second one. I need to re-assemble everything and get everything working. It is going to come down to the wire. My new leathers are suppose to be done Wednesday and I have a fitting on Thursday, I hope they fit. I am glad I got and early start this year.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2008, 01:36:49 AM »
Today I surprised myself and was able to get a lot of the bike put back together, it is about 90% back together and it took me around 6 hours to get to this point.

Tomorrow, if all goes well I will finish up the rest and wire the bike and start working out any possible problems.

Scott

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2008, 11:54:20 PM »
Ok, here are a few pics of the bike finished as far as building is concerned. The bike is wired and everything is working. All I need to do now is some fine tuning, safety wire and some minor bodywork.

And here is a video of the bike running. I rode it last night at I was impressed with the power the motor had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmTuN64B74Y

Enjoy,
Scott

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2008, 12:24:50 PM »
Racing tomorrow and Sunday!!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »
Wow Scott, it looks great.  No matter how fast you go this weekend you should be mighty proud of all that you have accomplished with your bike and workmanship.  Now saying that.........go like hell........but be safe...........and as they always tell us at the starting line...........the throttle goes both ways  :-).

Wish I was going to be there,

Sum

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2008, 01:08:00 PM »
Hey Scott, your bike looks awesome! You certainly paid attention to the details. We'll be watching for your results. Run fast, ride safe.
-Scott
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #88 on: May 18, 2008, 06:40:07 PM »
Thanks guys I appreciate the compliments! I will update you later this evening or tomorrow......I am extremely tired, whooped and beating down!!

Scott

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #89 on: May 18, 2008, 08:14:09 PM »
We want to know how you and your bike did.