Author Topic: old time lake racer bike  (Read 77029 times)

Offline isiahstites

Re: old time lake racer bike
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2008, 08:45:32 PM »
Here is the difference.......this is using a host for the pictures and they appear full screen once you open the page. All of the caption is you own words broken up describing each picture.

Eric's bike is a roller I'm having trouble deciding on a tank

early sportster tank

orange tank is fiberglass

duece tank that's been narrowed 4 inches  

Eric came down from LA and spent a couple of days and he likes the orange tank  I don't like any of them  but the orange tank is fiberglass and I will have to make one out of metal

Willie Buchta

This is how it was posted orginally and I know it just tanks, but on some of your more technical stuff it easy to get lost in which picture you are describing

Eric's bike is a roller   I'm having trouble deciding on a tank   Eric came down from LA and spent a couple of days and he likes the orange tank  I don't like any of them  but the orange tank is fiberglass and I will have to make one out of metal  The other two tanks  one is an early sportster tank   the other one is a duece tank that's been narrowed 4 inches  Anyway here's the pics
Willie Buchta

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2008, 08:47:09 PM »
yes i like the pics with captions better also  i will try foto bucket sherri wil do that for me --o yes scott next time you send me a note to call you include your phone number  L O L   willie buchta

You posted quicker than I did, I will send you the number, keep up the good work and keep sharing I enjoy watching your builds and then seeing them in person.

Scott

Offline willieworld

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »
I blew up my engine at the last meet I have been waiting for the parts which came today. I had some time to work on Eric's bike and I got the seat mounted which pivots at the front and sets on a leaf spring. Got the rear fender mounted and a set of handlebars made and a couple of gauges in the gas tank. Not bad for a couple of days work. Here are some pics.
Willie Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 10:35:57 PM »
I blew up my engine at the last meet I have been waiting for the parts which came today. I had some time to work on Eric's bike and I got the seat mounted which pivots at the front and sets on a leaf spring. Got the rear fender mounted and a set of handlebars made and a couple of gauges in the gas tank. Not bad for a couple of days work. Here are some pics.
Willie Buchta

I wonder how it would look it the gauges were tilted up a little and then build an area up out of the tank that looks like a............

......... shotgun blower scoop only don't bring the raised area as far back towards vertical as in the picture.

Hope you guys get to go racing this weekend,

Sum

Offline willieworld

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 11:01:25 PM »
sumner  when eric is riding the bike his face is over the guages if they were pointing to the rear he couldnt read them --he will be very tucked in and leaning over to keep the frontel area as small as possible--the record he has to break is 185 mph  with an naked bike and a pushrod motor he will have his work cut out for him --suggestions are always welcome ------ will post more pics later tonight---------willie
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 11:07:12 PM »
If he is looking down at the gauges he is not looking at the track!! :-o :-o I personally wouldn't want my down, but they look cool as hell Willie!

Scott

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2008, 11:37:49 PM »
sumner  when eric is riding the bike his face is over the guages if they were pointing to the rear he couldnt read them --he will be very tucked in and leaning over to keep the frontel area as small as possible--the record he has to break is 185 mph  with an naked bike and a pushrod motor he will have his work cut out for him --suggestions are always welcome ------ will post more pics later tonight---------willie

Hey I wasn't worried about him going fast I wanted him to "look like" he was going fast  :-P,

Sum

Offline willieworld

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2008, 12:32:20 AM »
the bike will have a tach and shift light also but not on the tank   willie
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2008, 09:03:07 AM »
"If he is looking down at the gauges he is not looking at the track!!"

Scott, you haven't seen Dave Owen ride his bike, have you?  He looks up a few times during a run -- but mostly is watching straight down.  Kinda scary for the likes of me -- but he's good at it.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline willieworld

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »
here are some more pics from yesterday --built handlebars  mounted seat -guages and rear fender   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2008, 09:20:58 PM »
Willie your bikes are fantastic, beautiful see you on the salt.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2008, 12:34:42 AM »
thanks---now if i could just make 262 HP per hole that would take me to 251 mph  maybe someday   willie buchta

and my wifes 500cc blast to almost 200 mph

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:47:25 AM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Super Kaz

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2008, 09:19:15 AM »
thanks---now if i could just make 262 HP per hole that would take me to 251 mph  maybe someday   willie buchta

Willie,
Can you make a set external case braces for V-rod motor :?? There is a couple sets of 1 off Billet Cases Floating around,but no one is sharing! I've got the Fuel{ THANKS RCC :-D} ,Turbo,and HOPEFULLY CLUTCH from AIM,and Turbotec usa { 1of 10 custom Billet Basket's} Now I just gotta keep the cases together :oops:!
We have the HEAD'S POPPING Off Figured ,but the cases Flex Like ------ at 350rwhp :-o! Now if I can quit killing fuel Pumps  I Might get to Race :mrgreen:?
It Looks Awesome,
Kaz.....

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2008, 09:47:37 AM »

Willie,
Can you make a set external case braces for V-rod motor :?? There is a couple sets of 1 off Billet Cases Floating around,but no one is sharing! I've got the Fuel{ THANKS RCC :-D} ,Turbo,and HOPEFULLY CLUTCH from AIM,and Turbotec usa { 1of 10 custom Billet Basket's} Now I just gotta keep the cases together :oops:!
We have the HEAD'S POPPING Off Figured ,but the cases Flex Like ------ at 350rwhp :-o! Now if I can quit killing fuel Pumps  I Might get to Race :mrgreen:?
It Looks Awesome,
Kaz.....

Kaz - When are are you going to start a thread for your bike??

Scott

Super Kaz

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2008, 07:36:03 PM »

Willie,
It Looks Awesome,
Kaz.....

Kaz - When are are you going to start a thread for your bike??

Scott

After it run's The Number :evil:..........