Author Topic: old time lake racer bike  (Read 76936 times)

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
Re: old time lake racer bike
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
Willie,
Will you be adding a collector to the headers? Also they just seem short, I know you don't turn these motors big revs which would typically have a short primary but I doubt that your engine will see much over 6500.(?)

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »
freud   it wasnt the camera that was the problem  it was my moniter --it was getting darker so i kept lightening the pics before i posted them --the pics looked good on my moniter  --i used someone elses computer and realized the problem was my moniter --bought a new one  thanks for all of your help    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2009, 03:15:18 AM »
The reason for the short pipes...A Blower.
The first pics we posted of the exhaust were deceptive. They look like the pipe is going right to the foot peg but its not. Here are some pics with Eric in his levis and Bruno Magli's. Hope to see you all in May. We are going to be having a barbecue on Saturday night after course walk around 6:00. Come on by and bring your own brew...
Willie Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2009, 03:16:43 AM »
more pics..
Willie Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2009, 11:52:14 AM »
 :-o  It's a good thing Eric is a pilot!!!  That way he already has a liciense to fly that thing!  bCNU soon   Crow
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline willieworld

« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2009, 01:57:25 AM »
Here are some more pics. The only thing left to do is some wiring and paint the tank and fender. Then the dyno....

whooo hoooo

Willie Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Beairsto Racing

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2009, 07:58:52 AM »
Willy,

Thanks for sharing this build, what an awesome machine!
I enjoy seeing your craftsmanship, from sharing tips on how to fabricate simple brackets to a full on racer.

-Scott
2 Club since '02
Sponsored by: Turple Bros.,
Palliser Chevrolet, Hose Headquarters, Bentley's Motosicle Pain Tin, The Window Man

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2009, 11:29:59 AM »
Willie,
I need to pay a little more attention!!! Now the pipes make sense. Will this bike be at Elmo in May?

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2009, 01:02:19 PM »
the tank and fender are in the paint shop as of this morning---all of the wiring has to be done---some dyno run time ---a good dyno tune and we should be at el mirage on may 13 --we are planing on a b-b-q- saturday after the course walk come by         willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline jl222

« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2009, 12:08:25 AM »

All right Willie a Procharger centrifugal supercharger! :-D

How much boost are you expecting and can you change the gearing on the blower?

How do they drive the blower?

Looking good and see you at EL mirage JL222 :cheers:

P.S. It won't sound like one of those Bloodless Siphers :-o

Offline jl222

« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2009, 12:35:53 AM »
  Figured out the drive [pic on pg 9] how wide is that belt?

JL222

Offline willieworld

« Reply #146 on: April 18, 2009, 12:51:48 AM »
jl222--there are 2 drives ..the first is off the crankshaft inside the primary to an idler pulley ..the other side of the idler pulley is outside the primary ..the belt in the pic goes from the idler to the turbo then inside the turbo is a gear drive ---with the 1st and 2nd drive and the gears inside the turbo the ratio is 10 to 1 ----5000 motor rpm=50000 turbo rpm --- when we told pro charger what we wanted to do they got right on it and designed this system for this bike --expected boost is 15 psi--the motor is 124 cu in  bozzie motor that should make 200 hp --as soon as i finish the bike it will go to dave bozzie for some dyno work and then to el mirage on may 16--- hope to see you all there  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline jl222

« Reply #147 on: April 18, 2009, 01:12:44 AM »
jl222--there are 2 drives ..the first is off the crankshaft inside the primary to an idler pulley ..the other side of the idler pulley is outside the primary ..the belt in the pic goes from the idler to the turbo then inside the turbo is a gear drive ---with the 1st and 2nd drive and the gears inside the turbo the ratio is 10 to 1 ----5000 motor rpm=50000 turbo rpm --- when we told pro charger what we wanted to do they got right on it and designed this system for this bike --expected boost is 15 psi--the motor is 124 cu in  bozzie motor that should make 200 hp --as soon as i finish the bike it will go to dave bozzie for some dyno work and then to el mirage on may 16--- hope to see you all there  willie buchta

Willie - don't insult that centrifugal supercharger by calling it a turbo and especially Procharger. Turbos are centrifugal blowers driven by the exhaust with the results that sound like a [bloodless sipher] first stated by a famous English motorsports writer when one of the first turbo charge formula 1 cars went by a Coswirth about 30 mph faster.

JL222 :-D

« Reply #148 on: April 18, 2009, 12:14:31 PM »
Great bike Willie, I look forward to seeing it at El Mirage in May..................................................................

Offline willieworld

« Reply #149 on: April 18, 2009, 04:31:59 PM »
thanks for the compliments...see you all at el mirage in may...come by the camp... just look for the white mailbox
willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta