Author Topic: NOS Metering@ Injectors or Distribution Block?  (Read 4728 times)

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
NOS Metering@ Injectors or Distribution Block?
« on: January 25, 2008, 02:46:35 AM »
Seems like Nos is my favourite topic of conversation but it isnt its just one of the them.Ok I have been thumbing through a few books and been on the web and have read that it is more advantageous to meter the Gas and Nitrous at the Distribution blocks rather than at the Injectors,Which would mean that you would only need to flow (theoretically)and balance up 2 jets rather than 8 on a four cyl engine which kinda makes sense to me only problem I can see in doing it that way is if there is any variation in the outlets of the injectors, THAT might cause a problem but they can be flow checked.. Anybody have any thoughts comments.

Cheers OZ
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: NOS Metering@ Injectors or Distribution Block?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 09:49:33 AM »
Hi Oz, I know plenty are doing it so take this for what it is(specualtion by someone that's not doing it).

If all post jetted passages(from the d-block jet out) aren't exactly equal(in all ways), then the metered amount will not be distributed the same.

Look at putting a jet before a 4 outlet shower head and then running those four lines to each cylinder with four exact same lines. If there's even the slightest more restriction(say more bend?) in one line then there are in the other 3, the others will have higher flow(and with less projection), although the difference at these sizes might be insignificant(?).

I wanted to make sure I was thinking about this correctly, so I just used the same scenario with about 20% bottle pressure(175psi), and at least in my("how far and how fast can I blow the assembly lube bottle across the floor"  and my "back of the hand pressure") comparrison tests, it seems like there is enough difference to matter.
Now as long as you tune each cylinder via AFR and EGT seperately once set up,  then you should be fine no matter what.

Looking forward to a more experienced answer myself(figured this might kick the ball though)... good question!
Todd

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:20:38 PM »
dont do it.!.....
kent

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 01:26:43 PM »
 :roll:
I'm not sure I understand what your saying Kent? :|
 :-D
Todd

Offline panic

• My tech papers
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 03:51:34 PM »
An unregulated line from the block to the port allows the nitrous to partially vaporize on the way. The same volume (more or less) will enter, but this will give a "soft hit" (i.e., momentary delay until the line chills) and potentially increase traction in a borderline case.
Some drag cars use this as a variable vs. converter flash point, chassis set-up etc.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 04:05:21 PM »
Or the N20 at 900 PSI travels 6 inches almost instantainously, while the fuel is passing through the jet and slowly filling its conduits at 10 PSI, motor only goes lean for about 3/10ths of a second, about 2/10ths too long...  :-o
Never tried or thought about it but I have to go with Kent on this one...  :-P
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline panic

• My tech papers
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 08:15:02 PM »
Yup - fuel must be plumbed directly, was referring only to nitrous lines.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2008, 02:49:42 AM »
been there, done that, replaced those pistons too....yup its the fuel thats the problem not the nos
kent

Offline cusswar67

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 03:12:17 PM »
Hi oz m8 it's Mr potato head here ......sorry this is not the right place for this ! just like to say nice work m8!....well over my head!.......but like you say your paid from the neck up ! and i'm paid from the neck down !! lmao see you soon i hope m8 :?