Author Topic: 2008 ECTA Motorcycle Rules  (Read 20165 times)

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: 2008 ECTA Motorcycle Rules
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 02:55:32 PM »
They're out for ECTA website inclusion. I think Mark said he was going to try and have them up this weekend. Having them in just one place and instead linking to them(rather then posting them here and all over the web),  will(may :?) create less misquoted copies.

Should be shortly Jody, and any specific questions you have in the meantime please feel free to fire away(preferably in a subject specific post though).

One thing we won't be doing is hindering anyone from running that doesn't qualify to a new rule but still adhere's to last years related rule safety wise. Class placement is what it is, but we've tried to alleviatte our existing membership from having to be forced into a new class as much as possible(yours truly withstanding unfotunately :roll:), while at the same time trying to allow the SCTA membership to run in their class should they join us.
Todd

Offline nickelcityracing

• nickelcityracing.com
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2008, 04:01:12 PM »
thanks Todd...I have nothing specific to ask, I was just wondering when they would be out...there was mention of changes ? just wanted to see what they were...we as everyone else is running short on time and would like the bikes ready for april..I understand that time will be alocated for the rule changes but I would like our bikes ready for the first meet...thanks again..I will keep checking the sites for any word on the posting...take care Jody...hope you and Deb are doing well and we will see you in april....
www.nickelcityracing.com
Trillium-Maxton 2 club---FASTEST WOMAN ON A MOTORCYCLE
Jody-220mph naked..maxton 200 club-236.6 mph top speed
2003 RCC ULTRA TURBO BUSA
THANKS SPONSORS:RCC turbos-JE Pistons-MTC-Elka-Suzuki Canada-Brock's-Northbay cycle-Dyno Jet

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »
Mark wrote me friday and said they would be posted by Saturday, so I'm sure they won't be long now,(he has to create a space and page, etc for it and all that stuff that I sure wouldn't want part of).

Yes there is a lot of changes in compared to years past. The basis of the book is(once again) from the SCTA current rulebook, with changes made to help provide our existing membership conformity with it's recent past along with the safety issues our venue mandates.

We'll be there with or without bike(this is the meet the cars try to remind us they're still capable of LSR too  :wink: )
Todd

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 09:02:28 PM »
2008 ECTA Motorcycle Rules
http://twinjugsracing.com/ecta08mcrules.htm
Todd

Offline wrongway

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 09:14:11 AM »
If I read that correctly , nitrous bottle valves don't need crash protection anymore ?

Roy

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 10:37:58 AM »
That's correct,
Todd

Offline sabat

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 12:26:40 PM »
I received my new rule book, and one thing is a bit confusing - at the intro of the MC rules, I think it says that running in a larger displacement class is 'still legal' - but in the displacement section, it states otherwise.

Are the new class rules only intended to prevent running up in class designation (open bike in PS, PS bike in S), or also engine size?

Thanks,
Dean

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2008, 04:04:04 PM »
I don't have my rulebook yet but I do know that you are still allowed to "freely" run up in engine class. If you want to change PS or Frame class then something needs to be changed to qualify for the class. Well, I guess you "could" run in the PS class without any fairings, but that would make no sense!  :-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline sabat

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2008, 04:11:23 PM »
That's what I thought Deb, thanks. Wonder why the displacement rules sound so specific? -Dean

7.B.13 Engine size:
Displacement must be greater than the maximum allowable for the next lower class. To permit minor reconditioning of worn cylinder blocks in classes other than Production, it is permitted to increase cylinder bore diameter .020 in. (.508 mm) beyond that which provides maximum displacement for the class. In all cases, the resulting displacement must be exceeded to qualify for the next higher class. The .020 in. (.508 mm) will be discounted for record certification and will be noted on the certification card and in the logbook.

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2008, 09:34:36 PM »
Hi Dean,
While in effect, the "engine class jumping" (that's still currently granted) over-rides any specific info that is presently worded and in effect to determine the "base class" of a vehicle. And to have it there and up-to-date once(when) this part of the class jumping is no longer allowed.

It was a very short time ago that the membership's voice was heard, and "frame class jumping" was disallowed. So if you like or dislike the class jumping going on... as a current member, now is the time to write in about it. If you feel strongly about anything stated in the rulebook opr practices that aren' tin the rulebook, be heard about it somehwere... because those with views opposing yours are going to be!

I'll help bring the things on these boards, my phone and my e-mail to the people that matter thoroughout (and at the end of) the season, but your written word being held in hand by the powers that be are very critical to our present position as well as our future direction!
Todd 

Offline sabat

« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 09:41:10 PM »
I have no problem with class jumping, or frame jumping for that matter. Just wanted to understand the rules, in case I want to do it myself at some point. Thanks for the clarification Todd. See you in April, Dean

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2008, 10:19:37 PM »
Hey Dean,
 Sorry I lost sight of this thread. As a little more background, the ECTA just adopted most of the SCTA motorcycle rules and that for the most part is why you see the specific wording on class. As Todd said, the members have voted to keep allowing the running up in CC class & that is apparently why you see the little blurb in the beginning.
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Re: 2008 ECTA Motorcycle Rulebook Corrections
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2008, 01:59:07 PM »
2008 ECTA Rulebook
If yours is not correct (a small amount went out before being corrected), please add the following corrections to the motorcycle section of your rulebook as follows.

Correction 1
7.C.2 Leathers:(Page 74): In sentence 3, strike through the word metal to read as follows.

7.C.2 Leathers:
Leathers certified by a recognized manufacturer to be suitable for the application are required. One-piece suits or two-piece suits zippered together are allowed. Required over 175 MPH: One-piece leathers or two-piece leathers with full (270 degree) metal zipper. Also required over 175 MPH: Special protective armor, as produced by a recognized manufacturer, with minimum coverage at elbows, knees, shoulders, hips and back. Undergarments having the required armor coverage are acceptable, when the undergarment is worn with the required leather suit.

Correction 2
7.J.14 Engine Diplacement Classes:(Page 83): In sentence 2, add 50 and 3000 cc classes, and change the 3000+ reference to 3001+ to read as follows.

7.J.14 Engine Displacement Classes:
Engine Classes are shown in cubic centimeters. 50, 100, 125, 175, 250, 350, 400 (ECTA Only) , 500, 650, 750, 1000, 1350, 1650, 2000, 3000 and 3001+ where permitted.

Please pass this info on to any ECTA racers you are affiliatted with, especially concerning the metal zipper not being needed in case there are those purchsing new suits and trying to meet htis requirement.
Thanks,
Todd

Edit: If you do not have your rulebook yet (or don't have it handy) and would like to reference the above, you can do so at this address.
http://twinjugsracing.com/ecta08mcrules.htm
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 02:08:19 PM by narider »