Author Topic: 2008 ECTA Motorcycle Rules  (Read 20196 times)

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
2008 ECTA Motorcycle Rules
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:21:13 AM »
Keep an eye out here in the very near future for the online publication of the 2008 ECTA Motorcycle rules, in their entirety.
Todd

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
Re: 2008 ECTA Motorcycle Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 02:04:50 PM »
Timely updates, common sense, wide participation, and consistency will be the best measure of the worth and ECTA does pretty well, others not so good.  :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »
Everything's not always as it seems, but hopefully 2(and that might be pushing it) out of 4 will be a decent start again this season. :|
Todd
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 08:11:28 AM by narider »

dwarner

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 03:18:53 PM »
Why only the motorcycle rules? That seems separtist(?) to me. I thought we were in this together. Another example of them vrs. us.

DW

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 03:35:31 PM »
I understand your feelings Dan, but that's not my gig. I think it's likely the car rules will be put out publicly as well... I can only speak for the 2 wheeled end of things. The MC rules have changed substantially enough this year to warrant the right of the membership and prospective membership to have early and readily available access to them.
Do people still race cars?  :oops:
Todd
PS: JW will probably be along shortly about the proper conglomeration of letters you used to spell separatist(personally, I think it was a very valient effort!).
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 03:37:40 PM by narider »

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »
Dan's smarter than he looks -- he covered his ass by using the question mark in parenthses (?).

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 07:05:39 PM »
The car racers should be thankful a bike racer is not doing their rules. And on the flip side that a bike racer & not a car person is giving input to the bike rules. Some separatism is a good thing!
 :-D
Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 09:25:11 PM »
Look me in the eye and say that again.   :?
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 10:22:10 PM »
it works so well for the scta, having 2 separate entities, bikes and cars, what is the problem with the ECTA doing it...  for those who doubt, why have a car champion and a bike champion at EM...  :roll:
Todd, y'all coming to the salt this year?   8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 10:45:47 PM »
Todd better make it.  Deb can give him a little kick in the behind.  Just tell the sheriffs dept they can wait a week to bring their bikes in.  A few less on the road for a week might make a few people happy down in your neck of the woods.

Joel
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 02:34:13 AM »
it works so well for the scta, having 2 separate entities, bikes and cars, what is the problem with the ECTA doing it...  for those who doubt, why have a car champion and a bike champion at EM...  :roll:
What happens if a bike becomes a car ?
Why 2 life memberships for a car points leader at EM and only 1 for a bike ?
Why did the first bike champ set his own minimums ?
Why is their a difference at all ?  :?

REMARKABLE

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 08:09:57 AM »
Some separatism is a good thing!
This is one of those times more could be better!

Look me in the eye and say that again.   :?
Which eye, and which that?

A prior commitment by our CFO(Crashing Female Officer) might not allow that this season, it remains to be seen and if so it will be a spectator scene for us I'm sure.

A few less on the road for a week might make a few people happy down in your neck of the woods.
I'm guessing the out of service motor officers and my accountant may not be the few you speak of?

Why is their a difference at all ?  :?
A couple of those items at EM I wasn't aware of, WOW! The (car to bike) difference at ECTA was in 2002 when... well that doesn't really matter, but it remains that the top 5(which it's finally down to now) of both the car and bike points holders are still running on open records that show the teams ability to choose and not the bikes ability to perform(not an easy game I KNOW, but still more of a game then a feat). Meaning the final standings have nothing to do with what(I believe) the premise of the points being there in the first place are, that is to show the improvement of those vehicles over the course of the year or over the history of the class<---(singular) that a vehicle runs in. There were so many more open records to run on at the begining of the decade that the top 30 were unrelated to showing(even if there was) actual performance increases over time. And truthfully it was more of a challenge to get points over your opponent then it was to get a record since there were so many that hadn't been ran on. The points were changed to be based on a record that already existed rather then an open record(hence the shortlived sandbagging era), and the knoweldge that a car would be able to sandbag lower then a bike(still never proven), which helped lock in the decision of two points championships per year.

On the other hand(speaking of differences and more related to this thread), the organizational differences coast to coast(that were so appropriatte imo and took many years of development), will no longer be so distinctive this year, and they are becoming ever closer to each other as the powers that are move forward.

REMARKABLE
Agreed!
Todd

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 09:27:14 AM by narider »

dwarner

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 08:58:30 AM »
"The points were changed to be based on a record that already existed rather then an open record"

This has been floated several times at El Mirage, never seems to pass muster.

DW

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 10:00:24 AM »
Spectator Smectator, you 2 show up at the salt and we will probably put you to both to work when we aren't waiting in line, which is most of the time... Oh, that means don't forget to pack your leathers, got any that meet the Bull rule?  You can get your rookie run out of the way....  :-D
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 10:24:38 AM »
Todd:

It's "valiant", not valient.

With love,

Jon
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2