Author Topic: Classic Category question.  (Read 3001 times)

Offline angryyouth

• "Not so much the youth part but definately still Angry"
  • New folks
Classic Category question.
« on: January 17, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »
Can anyone lend there expertise here?
 I am wondering if I am able to have a front air dam on my Classic Gas Coupe. The rulebook is not making any sense to me.
The rule book states "classes within the Classic Category are the equivalent of the Modified and Production categories with body modifications as allowed in those categories."
 In the modified section it states a Gas Coupe is a Production car with an engine swap" and then down below goes on to talk about running a front air dam in said class, as I interpret it I am allowed to run one as long as I use the original grille opening. Is this correct?
thanks.
-A

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
Re: Classic Category question.
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 01:05:09 PM »
Can anyone lend there expertise here?
 I am wondering if I am able to have a front air dam on my Classic Gas Coupe. The rulebook is not making any sense to me.
The rule book states "classes within the Classic Category are the equivalent of the Modified and Production categories with body modifications as allowed in those categories."
 In the modified section it states a Gas Coupe is a Production car with an engine swap" and then down below goes on to talk about running a front air dam in said class, as I interpret it I am allowed to run one as long as I use the original grille opening. Is this correct?
thanks.
-A
This is correct in relation to classic category per our conversation with DW at speedweek. We also had the same question and he said our air dam is ok.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 02:57:40 PM »
See, no reason to be angry. You figured it out yourself. Get thru the maze and enjoy yourself.

DW

Offline angryyouth

• "Not so much the youth part but definately still Angry"
  • New folks
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 06:24:41 PM »
Thanks for the help guys. Is there a rule or guideline to use for height of an air dam? Is there information on the aerodynamic value of the air dam somewhere?
-A

dwarner

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 09:50:13 PM »
The airdam has to be fastened per the rulebook. How low you go is dependant on what you hit.

DW

Offline thundersalt

• www.americanrvservicecenter.com
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 04:19:37 PM »
Just remember, the lower you go, the harder it is to put on and off the trailer.
916 REMR
2017 AA/FRMR Bonneville Record holder 234.663
2018 AA/GRMR El Mirage Record holder 223.108
2020 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 252.438
2021 AA/BGRMR Bonneville Record holder 262.685
El Mirage 200 MPH Club
Drivers/Owners: Brian & Celia Dean