Author Topic: bonneville rule book  (Read 13403 times)

Offline RichFox

Re: bonneville rule book
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 05:23:19 PM »
If you rotate a 'Busa engine 90 degrees so that the sprocket is pointing towared the rear of the car, couldn't you run a shaft from there to your rear end? Use the very nice Suzuki trans. I'm told that if you use a bike motor in a car you don't need a blow shield.

Offline OhioFatboy

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 06:15:10 PM »
Danny, i have a spare 07 rulebook you can have, email me with an address. I live in ohio and you'll have it by the weekend- Mark

rmyers1211@aol.com

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 06:49:47 PM »
Sum..I've got a hat. Life is good.

As for M/C's, I ride a Black '91 HD Heritage. a restored to stock 39 Indian Sport Scout, a Subaru overhead cam engined mini-bike and a late 60's restored Rupp Chaparel Go-Kart. I don't think I need a Busa but if someone has one connected to an inline transmission; I might consider a partner up and put in my roadster. Turbo'd of course....JD

And here I thought you had "two red hats"  :-) , guess someone else is wearing the other one. 

Do you have pictures of any of those rides??  I'd really like to see the '39 and the mini-bike (how mini can it be with a Subaru engine in it??).  Or better yet bring one to the salt or El M with you,

Sum

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 09:59:47 PM »
The mini comes to El Mirage everytime I do with my pickup or race car. It's actually a Robin engine which Subaru owns so it says Subaru on it. But it is a cammer. 6.5HP. The Roadster got both my son and I in the 2 Club. His is hat #1 and mine is #2. Next time I take the "I" out I'll take a disc pic. and e-mail it to you. I was planning on using last week end morning but it was fogged in till 10:00
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 10:05:47 PM »
The mini comes to El Mirage every time I do with my pickup or race car. It's actually a Robin engine which Subaru owns so it says Subaru on it. But it is a cammer. 6.5HP. The Roadster got both my son and I in the 2 Club. His is hat #1 and mine is #2. Next time I take the "I" out I'll take a disc pic. and e-mail it to you. I was planning on using last week end morning but it was fogged in till 10:00

Thanks, I'll look forward to it and will have to check the mini out the next time I'm at El M,

Sum

gsx®7-11

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008, 07:19:00 PM »
Hello to everyone! I too am new to LSR, and have somehow caught the bug from all the way over here on the east coast in Georgia.  This place seems like information alley, and I hope to talk more with all of you.

I would love to build a motorcycle to make a few passes at Bonneville and maybe Mxton.

If any of you still have a 2007 rulebook lying about, I would be more than glad to buy it from you! I would love to have something to get me started before March.

Thanks for all of your help!

Cheers!

*Edit*

My email is wickedquick69 at yahoo.com

Or post here/pm me.

Joey

« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 07:21:54 PM by gsx®7-11 »

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2008, 08:02:30 PM »
When do we get the 08' books?

Scott

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »

Scott

They should be at the printer now, I was told that I was the last ad they were waiting for.. :-o

Oh cover picture credits go to me.... :mrgreen:

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 11:02:59 PM »

Scott

They should be at the printer now, I was told that I was the last ad they were waiting for.. :-o

Oh cover picture credits go to me.... :mrgreen:

Let's see the picture John!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »
When do we get the 08' books? Scott

Well now that you got that chore taken care of could you get my pistons sent to my machinist so he can balance the crank and I can get the motor together and some miles on it before Maxton  :evil:,

c ya, yours in sport, (sorry Kent I like that and wanted to see how it felt to use it  :-P ),

Sum

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 01:56:44 AM »
When do we get the 08' books? Scott

Well now that you got that chore taken care of could you get my pistons sent to my machinist so he can balance the crank and I can get the motor together and some miles on it before Maxton  :evil:,

c ya, yours in sport, (sorry Kent I like that and wanted to see how it felt to use it  :-P ),

Sum

Sumner,  I actually like:

"Sincerely In Speed"

John Noonan

PS, Sumner, FYI: you actually have to order the pistons prior to receiving them. :mrgreen:..714-898-9763 ext 215

J

dwarner

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 08:55:02 AM »
Kinda like the lottery -you gotta buy a ticket to win.

DW

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 11:15:59 AM »
John Noonan

PS, Sumner, FYI: you actually have to order the pistons prior to receiving them. :mrgreen:..714-898-9763 ext 215

J

They are on order through my machinist and his supplier.  I talked to him today and he is going to check on the order.  He thinks that they might of been holding them until he got back from racing.  My name is on the special order sheet though, or should be, he is Victory Motors and I can't remember the jobber, but I think they are out of Denver.

The post was just to give you a hard time.  I ordered before the Christmas/New Year's mess, so didn't expect them real quick. If for some reason things are screwed up I'll call you and see if you can check on it.

Thanks, sincerely in speed someday I hope,

Sum