Author Topic: Harv's Lakester Build..................  (Read 7735 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Harv's Lakester Build..................
« on: December 30, 2007, 11:13:38 PM »

Harv (Hitz) sent me more pictures of his build and I've put up another page for him.   He is making good progress:

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/harvey/construction%20page-17.html

Sum

Randy Williams

Re: Harv's Lakester Build..................
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 12:09:26 AM »
Thanks Sum I enjoy seeing what others are doing.

Offline RICK

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:02:42 AM »
Pipes, tubes, fittings, welds, brackets,,,,,,I don't know what it is that I'm looking at,,,,,,,,but its beautiful.

Rick
It's not over, it's just harder.

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 11:04:40 AM »
Pipes, tubes, fittings, welds, brackets,,,,,,I don't know what it is that I'm looking at,,,,,,,,but its beautiful.

Rick

Hi Rick, go back a few pages in his build diary and it will make more sense:

http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/harvey/harvey-index.html

c ya,

Sum

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 09:46:21 PM »
I looked thru Harv's build dairy on Sum's site today and Harv mentioned that if he didn't get done this year he would consider selling his car.

HARV,DON'T!!!

You are pretty close, looks like you are working on the endless list of details but you're getting them done! I want to see you in your car next year at the salt!!! It would really be ashame to see some one else in the car you have worked so hard on. Your workmanship is first class and you design should be fast, you need to be the guy that gets that first ride.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline hitz

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 10:53:03 PM »
Rick,

Thanks. Hope you're just about mended up. Are we going to see you back in that coupe soon?

Rex,

Thanks for the encouragement. Some times the "should do" part of the brain overcomes the "want to do" part. I am trying to make speed week 2008 with the  lakester. There are 5 LSR builders in a 10 mile radius from here. 3  of us should make it this year. There are four other cars that are currently running Bonneville within that same 10 mile radius. I don't see giving up as a possibility now.

Is that street rod about to take you for a ride?

H   

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
Harv,
My roadster is getting closer! I am doing the wiring, another "5 minute job"! that is taking me a month! But once the wiring is done I have the "to do" list pretty short and hope to actually try to start it within the next month, providing weather and work don't get in the way.

Harv, let's put it this way: I give you a ride in my roadster at B'ville but you have to have your lakester there!!!

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Offline hitz

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 12:28:28 PM »
Rex,

The roadster ride is another good incentive. Thanks.

I started wiring the lakester about 3 weeks ago. Another week and it might be done!

Harv

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 05:27:21 PM »
Keep going Harv as I am sure you will.

The crazy satisfaction of completing things is about to hit and then you can have some years with it making it better. Rather than thinking, "Gee, I still have all of this to do!", it will be, " Hmmm, I think I can make this bit a bit better" and then take your sweet time doing so, enjoying every stroke of the file.

You have done the hard work climbing the mountain, now its nearly time to roll down the other side.

G'day to Sum too. Great side pods on that thing... good to see you have a mate on board too. There is something about mateship through trial, it makes every success sweeter, and softens disaster.

What I love looking at on both of your cars is you can see the amount of effort and thought that goes into every corner. It's like figuring out a cryptic crossword, you can see the parts and somehow together they make a wry new thing...

Stuff the 200mph club, the backyard builders club who actually finish their cars is the sweetest club of all.

Glad to share global membership with you.

Reverend H+

Offline hitz

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2008, 01:20:32 AM »

Rev,

Thanks for the encouragement. You and the good Doctor have been a good influence for me as I watched your progress the last couple of years. Your posting has been first class.

Sum has been appreciated for posting my build on his site. It is a little prod to keep working when you don't see any progress reported on Sum's site. OK, It's more than a little prod!!

It looks like you may be ready for another test run before your lake event. That would be great!

I'll have plenty things to revisit on #72 for years to come and I understand what you say about enjoying every file stroke. There has been a lot of those so far, hasn't there.

Good luck to both of you on your endeavors. Go straight and enjoy!

Harv