Author Topic: Hotel Room exchange  (Read 19112 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Re: Hotel Room exchange
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 11:54:19 PM »
...............speedweek here is not for the fainthearted or the cleanfreaks......For me it's a tent and cold showers ...........last time on the way out I was looking forward to a decent wash.........................

I'm looking forward to every dirty moment of it.  Make sure they don't put any motels in before I get there,

Sum

Offline Lynchy

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 11:58:00 PM »
Dr G

I did say "their meals are so good you won't cook for yourself". Take this as the perspective of a bloke that really doesn't enjoy cooking or have much aptitude for it. That, and the logistics of taking all the gear in with you just don't add up! Those that raise an eyebrow could probably do much better themselves. I've heard many say it is better than they get at home, and some of them mean it!

My wife encourages me to go to Speed Week because I always come home with a much greater appreciation for her and our home....

Oh. I didn't mention the toilet at the canteen! Abandon all hope, all those who enter!!!!

Lynchy

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2008, 09:51:04 AM »

Oh. I didn't mention the toilet at the canteen! Abandon all hope, all those who enter!!!!

Lynchy

Same Place?  :?  :?  :?   :-o  :|
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dave Haller

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2008, 06:11:59 PM »
This is a little early but I sure could use two rooms with two beds instead of the two rooms I did get with one bed and a hot tub in each. Keep it in mind and if anything comes up please contact me here on the chat room.
Thanks,
Dave Haller #93

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008, 01:23:46 PM »
I understand that the Days Inn may have rooms but be prepared to get gouged.....my suggestion is to not book there... the place is a dump and the treatment of LSR racers is horrible

Offline frogpirate

• Ken Morton Vancouver, WA, USA
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »
I'm hoping to come down for the weekend of 23-24 Aug without the bike (actually I'll probably ride my other bike down.)  Do rooms typically open up later in the week? I can always run back west to Wells in a pinch.

Ken
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008, 04:12:30 PM »
Wells, too, was sold out on the weekend last year.

But Ely has got rooms galore.  And cheap too.  A little farther, but a fun town.  There's even one building downtown with 3 separate bars in it.  One year we tried to have a drink in every bar downtown and don't remember if we made it or not.

The hotel Nevada is dirt cheap and really pretty nice.  Good restaurant, too.  And a histeracle (sorry, Slim) landmark.  (Didn't know enough to even look it up.)

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline MIKEE

• New folks
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2008, 01:20:30 PM »
In jan..... i reserved a  room at the peppermill....... they quoted me 175/nite for 5 nites.
checked online today; they have all kinds of rooms avail. at  89/nite incl. sunday nite.

Offline Clay Pitkin

• B&B Racing
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2008, 01:37:41 PM »
Hey Mikee,
Make sure its peppermill in Wendover and not Pepper mill in Reno. A while back on this same subject, this mistake was also discovered, cannot remember who though

Clay
Those who said it could not be done, should not stand in the way of those who are already doing it!

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »
That was meee!! :roll:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2008, 02:52:24 PM »
 I just checked and guess what SOLD OUT!!
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Freud

« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2008, 07:28:01 PM »
Hell, if the rooms in Reno are cheap enough it's only 400 miles one way.

We might book there and get even with Wendover.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 05:13:31 PM »
I just noticed this on the SCTA website.  It might help some folks decide that there is room for them during SpeedWeek -- even if the accommodations aren't as luxurious as hoped for.  I hope the SCTA doesn't object to my cut-and-paste from their site. . .

"CAMPING AT SPEEDWEEK
We have received many inquiries about camping on the salt. The terms of our
permit from the Bureau Of Land Management (BLM) to conduct Speedweek
expressly prohibits camping on the salt. However, there is a large flat area
adjacent to the "bend" of the access road (a/k/a "the bend in the road" -- Jon) and more flat area off the "Pilot Peak Road" road that will accommodate camping, trailers and motor homes, and free
camping is allowed on BLM land in those areas.
To help accommodate folks that are planning on using these areas the SCTA/BNI has decided, with
the BLM's permission, to place additional facilities (Outhouses/Trash Bin) for campers convenience.
We plan to provide a total of 6 outhouse and a 30 yd. dumpster.
We hope that this will be well received and the facilities will not be abused."

Gee, whiz (so to speak)  -- six outhouses?  I'll be busy figuring out where to put all of them as well as the other 54 or so that will be at SpeedWeek.

See you on the Salt!

PS  Salt Talks will be at the Bend in the Road, as usual.  No specific date has been chosen yet -- Nancy and I are waiting to see what else is going on Sunday night, Monday night, and so on. 
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2008, 11:16:13 PM »
Dan, I found it under the dirty laundry..................hope everyone gets a room..........Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2008, 11:28:59 PM »
  I made this sugestion two years ago, last year, and here I go again.
  I would like to see the SCTA put up two chalkboards at the tech trailer.  One would be a sign up board for help available or needed, and the other would be for room openings.  Both would be simple to do with the help of cell phones.  I sure wish someone would adress this at the next SCTA meeting.  Its a little too long of a drive for me..................... John N.  maybee you could ask Erik for me...........thanx
Bob Drury