Author Topic: one or more bikes  (Read 7994 times)

Offline willieworld

one or more bikes
« on: January 04, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
 ---can someone ride more than one bike during the year with the same frame class and the same number and combine the points for start line up and year points champion   thanks willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
Re: one or more bikes
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 01:28:34 AM »
no

Offline willieworld

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 01:47:22 AM »
Heres the scenario Kent ...I race in may june and july at el mirage in side car    i go to bonneville and tear up my bike and between the next meet at el mirage i build another one and put my #9 on it which is assigned to me in 2008 and show up at el mirage in sept  are you telling me that that bike doesn't qualify to run the rest of the year for the points championship... it has same entry name  -same class side car  - same driver  - same number...
willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 02:51:51 AM »
The object is to protect the innocents from multiple vehicle teams, or the ability of some to be competitive with the same basic vehicle in multiple classes. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 10:25:11 AM »
Willie, the LSR sticker comes off with a heat gun, under your scenario, you could repair your bike with a simple frame or bike R & R and be racing again.  How you repair damage is up to you, just make sure they look about the same...  :roll:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:30:46 AM »
Don't remove the LSR sticker and try to re use it. One of the San Diego racers did this a few years ago and was busted plus he lost points. There were other issues as well at the time. Best thing to do is run it by the tech. people first and what you are trying to do. Duplicate stickers can be gotten but you need to go into and thru the system.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 01:41:30 PM »
If you destroy a frame and are upfront with the tech inspectors I don't see a problem. You would be running with a different frame number. As long as you show some proof that the previous bike cannot run!

Try to sneak it through and you could look at a life time ban.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 05:02:28 PM »
sneaking and cheating are not in my genes or my makeup --asking questions and learning are --thanks  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 06:18:59 PM »
Don’t try to remove the log book sticker and place it on another chassis... terrible things will probably happen...the points championship stay with the same vehicle (log book) you can put your #9B on any "bike" you want but the only thing you will get is starting position....we ran 271B and 2655B ,and 2656B on 5 different vehicles last year.... if you put your #9b on a car the points wont accumulate... we ran 1212 on a car and 1212b on a bike the same year... both accumulated there own points and starting position
kent

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 11:19:58 PM »
OK guys, I'm not suggesting anything underhanded, and I don't run to "EM rules" but Willie builds his frame from scratch, and it cracks, he finds it and determines the best repair is replacement of the frame with an identical piece, what would that matter?  It is just another bike part, no different than a wheel, handlebar or a swingarm (ya I know Willie doesn't have one).  Just because the sticker is on that part, he should be able to move it and continue racing.  Just my opinion, won't count for much, I'm from Kansas... :roll:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2008, 09:28:58 AM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline willieworld

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 12:19:01 AM »
never had a frame crack yet--did split both gas tanks open at speed week --thanks billington for the loan of your tig welder--broke shift linkage and chain guard at el mirage --the lake beds seem pretty rough on equipment--thats that learning curve ive heard so much about  ---thanks  willie  buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 01:29:48 AM »
At the start of this thread Willie used the words "another bike".  Is it another bike or just replacing spark plugs.  I know,  I'm just attempting sarcasm.  Much like the old story about my great grandfather's hammer.   Over its life it has had two heads and four handles.  But its my great grandfather's hammer.
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 12:47:34 PM »
I've seen Willie's work -- and I don't see why he thinks he's gonna break!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records