Author Topic: C/MP Record--What is going ON ?  (Read 3869 times)

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
C/MP Record--What is going ON ?
« on: December 22, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Why is Jessel's MP in the record book?  Did they run with the rear wing as stated & pictured in Hot Rod?  If they did why were they not disqualifed for running a WING?
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline wolcottjl

Re: C/MP Record--What is going ON ?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 07:25:16 PM »
OEM Wing?
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 11:34:43 PM »
Yep, them's the rules Bill. It runs a factory spoiler that's been avaliable for the Dodge Ram since 2003.

Check it out here --->  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2007, 04:23:54 AM »
That is a rear wing or bed covering above the top of the bed---both are illegal in that class.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »
Sparky:

It's a factory (marketing) package for the V-10 truck.  (It was an original V-10 truck, wasn't it?)

As I remember the laughter, that "truck" package had 0 (zero) pounds towing capacity and little or no load capacity per factory specs.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 11:12:57 AM »
I understand that it was available from the factory---BUT---

both production pickup and modified pickup rules specifically say  "___the cover must be no higher than the side of the bed." 

similiar to Lakester rules saying --"__no body parts can be wider than the narrowest inner vertical plane of the tires".

dwarner

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 12:02:13 PM »
How can you have a pickup truck without the fenders being outside the inner
vertical plne of the tires? I looked at both trucks in my driveway and the fenders are outside the outer edge of the tires. Don't confuse rules from one class, lakester, with another, Mod Pickup.

Rule 5.D.5, 2nd parargraph states that MP is the equivilant of GC.

Rule 5.D.3, paragraph 3 states that body panels must be mounted in their original relationship. By inference, a OEM body kit which is legal in GC can be used in MP. A legal OEM body kit? the proof is up to you.

DW

DW

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 12:26:32 PM »
Dan,  Thanks for your response , My apology;  In re-re --reading the rules about Wings (4.CC.9) I now understand, I forgot the closing --" the wing is not considered part of the body".