Author Topic: Sidecar Record  (Read 21360 times)

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
Re: Sidecar Record
« Reply #60 on: December 24, 2007, 10:00:45 AM »
It is a lot easier at the BUB, no committee.....one FIM Steward......one AMA Steward....and they have been open to "suggestions" The final decision is with the promotor presenting the event, after all he puts up the money ........................simple............................   

Since I am new to the sport, you will have to give me a pass if I'm not understanding what you are saying here. I have only raced under SCTA/BNI rules so far. As I built my bike (following the SCTA tech inspection sheet), I could see that most of the inspection points were saftey related. From your statement above, it appears to me that the final say in BUB inspection lies with the one who writes the checks???
It may be my inexperience talking here but, that does not seem to contribute to the SAFEST event.
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

bak189

« Reply #61 on: December 24, 2007, 12:16:38 PM »
Today Denis Manning has not been involved in any "problems" in Tech. They have all been handled by the FIM Steward and/or AMA Steward
(these are paid professionals) and I certainly do not see anytime in the future that would require Denis's input.........Regarding, a safe event.....it is a very well done Tech. inspection........but for example FIM and AMA stand on tires is up to the person riding the bike.  They recommend to use speed rated tires for the speed of your bike,
but it is left up to you.......................  The rules use the KISS system...(.Keep It Simple Stupid)
Come and race the BUB in 2008 and find out for yourself....................................................................
P.S. And, Yes, Dustbin Fairings are allowed on Solo Bikes (just make sure the wind is down, before you run.....again it is up to you,,,no one holding your hand)  ......INNOVATION ALLOWED.........................................................................   

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2007, 12:22:09 PM »
I think Randy gets it. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2007, 12:29:52 PM »
Speaking of tires are the m/c guys using a hard or soft compound?
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2007, 01:01:11 PM »
Given a choice, and with all other things being equal , a harder compound will generate less heat, and that is the major cause for failures.
A used tire that has been broken in will do better with respect to the bond from he tread to the casing, and that is the first place a failure can be seen as a bubble, then a chunk missing. . :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"