Author Topic: AMA changes  (Read 9061 times)

Offline ol38y

• When all else fails, gas it!
Re: AMA changes
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 12:58:18 PM »
hummmm.... The AMA chased Roger Edmonson out of AMA Pro racing ( something he started) several years back... Roger suied and won something like $3mil or actually it could have been more....i wonder if the AMA ever paid Edmonson for the judgement he won against the AMA.... My guess is he released his settelment for the judgement, for a piece of the pie and the Frances tossed in some dough to sweetn the pot and make it happen.... good move on everyones part cuz AMA Pro has gone down hill since Roger left.... in any case its good news for motorcycle racing in this country... will anything trickel down to LSR..?... lets hope so....
kent

I agree completely. This can only be good. I never heard where he got his money either.

Next, I think the old Ascot land is still available!!! :-D

not that we need to go backwards...but, Chris Agajanian is a helluva promoter.

Larry
Larry Cason
Bakersfield,CA    It's a dry heat!

2010 BUB 1350 M-PG record
2012 Speedweek  1350 A-PG record 169.975
2014 El Mirage Dry Lake  1350 A-PG  172.651

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 12:42:15 AM »
i dont think he is a fraction of his old man.... i dont think chris did a very good job with the del mar thing or dirt track at all.... Roger Edmonson built the AMA Pro racing into what it is today with the CCS series... the AMA has slipped quite a few notches when they terminated his envolvement and rogers new series NASBA quickly overtook the AMA.... I feel it is about time roger got back into promoting AMA events.... With the road race spin off it really looks like the only thing the new AMA president is interested in is Washington... Dingman is a lobyest... as he continues he spin off of profit centers like road racing MX and the dying dirt track series he will be left with membership income only.... this will be interesting....
kent

Offline ol38y

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 03:40:11 AM »
J. C., Agaganian was one of a kind. but, Chris never had a Sammy Tanner. "Ascot, the track that Sammy built".  When Chris did Del Mar and Sac. I always thought the tracks were excelent. When Pace took over they went to shit.  Chris always had Romero do the tracks but Pace wouldn't pay his fees and it showed. I bent the exhaust, under the engine, on the woop de doos going into 1, and 3 wasn't much better. They turned track prep into a truck show.

Again, I agree, I think having Roger Edmonson in control of AMA Pro Racing can only be good for the sport. He admits his focus has always been road racing, but is looking for talent in the other venues. Hence, my mention of Chris Agaganian.

:-D   Luv ya Kent...

Larry Cason

Offline ol38y

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 01:35:43 PM »
Just read where the AMA changed the date for the Wendover round of the National Hare and Hound series again. The new date is August 31, the same day as the opening of the BUB Meet. Brilliant, just what was needed, more people in town . :?

Larry
Larry Cason

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2008, 03:48:40 PM »
Part of the AMA requirement before issuing a sanction WAS to be sure the event would not step on another MC event in the same area (read accommodations) or market.
Well , I guess it is back to camping out at the rock quarry, but at least AMA gets more money that way.  :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2008, 07:18:34 PM »
AMA is still in charge of Amature racing, and BUB's event is under that catagory. DMG got all professional motorcycle racing except Supercross, for the time being.