Author Topic: AMA changes  (Read 9078 times)

Offline Xea

AMA changes
« on: December 17, 2007, 03:22:56 PM »
Anyone going to speculate on the effects of the AMA bloodbath on the BUB Speed Trails??
Faster, till the thrill of Speed overcomes the fear of death.

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
Re: AMA changes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »
Won't effect the event one bit. The BUB event is well run and Delvene cross's T and dot's I's to keep it that way. What is going on now at the AMA is political house cleaning that is arguably over due.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 04:08:38 PM »
I read Dingmans statements and it sounds to me like he wants to get the AMA out of racing and concentrate on lobby ing washington after all whats what he knows best.... sounds to me like this new boss wants to let racing go....yes it will be interesting to see if BUB will be able to offer national records based on AMA sanctioning in comming years or in the future
kent

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 04:42:44 PM »
The AMA is not leting racing go at all. What they want to do is the same senario as Supercross, the AMA remains the sanctioning body but a real sports marketing company runs the racing. This is hugely succefull in Supercross. In my opinion it is because the AMA is not involved in the actual running of Supercross. So the best case for the BUB event is that they would run it and AMA would only be a sanctioning organization, which is what has happened since the BUB event began. It is also my understanding that some serious players are interested in the roadracing series and some of the other AMA properties. Which tells me that properly managed professional motorcycle racing can work. (back to Supercross!!)

bak189

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 05:13:18 PM »
I think the "new AMA" want to operate the same way international racing is done (FIM)............
One example, being the Moto-GP series run by Dorna...............the international Super-Bike series
is also run by a Italian marketing company........it has worked just fine.............so the BUB event would just continue to be handled just like from the beginning of the series.....by BUB Enterprises.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 01:38:01 AM »
"Speed Record Events and Series Races are quite different.
Series events play to the Vendors and the Fans, Speed Record events are a matter of Historical Record and should not serve at the pleasure of a single promoter and be subject to their wishes with respect to the formulation and application of the rules to suit their purpose.
Fail that and the speed record becomes no more than an event mark.
Too many classes will dilute the individual performance, unless you want everybody to go home a wiener."
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 09:21:44 AM »
... Speed Record events are a matter of Historical Record and should not serve at the pleasure of a single promoter and be subject to their wishes with respect to the formulation and application of the rules to suit their purpose.
Fail that and the speed record becomes no more than an event mark.

As much as it pains me to quote Jack, he has finally written something that is easy for everyone to understand.   Lurkers take note, this is applicable to all LSR organizations.....  :-o
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 10:21:35 AM »
Hello, Jack, and welcome back.  I hope you had a nice vacation, or, if it wasn't that, I hope you're feeling all better now.  We've missed you.  And in case I don't get another chance, Merry Christmas to you and all of your family.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 11:11:21 AM »
Thank you for the well wishes.
I have been spending the time wishing for and preparing for a "White Christmas" by helping to turn up the snow plowing business in Denver that keeps my kid Sean on the streets and me off of them.
Outfitting a couple of vehicles for My daughter Christine's flower business, and a sail boat for the grandsons takes some time also.
Not forgotten or gone , in spite of the best efforts of some, is the LSR passion that should generate some surprises for some and disappointments for others in the near future.
None of that compares to the time spent rewriting something for Stainless to understand, but ya gotta keep trien. LOL :-D

" I really love this job."  ( not original with Bob but well placed)

"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 07:08:19 PM »

None of that compares to the time spent rewriting something for Stainless to understand, but ya gotta keep trien. LOL :-D

" I really love this job."  ( not original with Bob but well placed)

Thanks Jack, you know I appreciate it.... and I'm sure it makes it easier for the  others as well.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Great 2008.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 10:31:13 AM »
As far as the "rule books" go, having looked at the AMA Supplemental Regs(2007) for the BUB event and having studied the "rule book" for the ECTA, which Iam to believe is the same as the SCTA, I find very little difference between them all when it comes to competing motorcycles. The idea that there may be more classes only signifies the fact that there can be other configurations of Chasis/Engine then in the past. That seems to me to just be the advancement of the sport to accomodate the different types of engine/chasis combinations now in competition.
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 12:36:48 PM »
alignment of rules between all of the raciing bodies should be the ultimate goal but rarely ever is.. as far as how the AMA is doing, Ed Youngblood call me last week to do an interview and commented that there is a lot of nervous employees over at headquarters... alot of good heads have rolled since Dingman grabbed the reins... not a good place to work right now...time will tell how things shake out and hopefully this Dingman guy won't do any lasting damage..
kent

Offline RP

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 09:17:23 AM »
AMA Pro racing Sold to the France/NASCAR clan....hope it does not effect or only helps the BUB meet. 

Here is a link to press conference,

http://moto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ama-dmg-press-conference-transcript/

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »
You now see publicly into a bit of what has been happening privately.
A lot of people have spent a lot of time on the project, and I can only hope LSR bikes will do better than has been the case. :wink:

" She is just scared for her little job."  ( A longtime AMA / LSR supporter)

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 12:33:03 PM »
hummmm.... The AMA chased Roger Edmonson out of AMA Pro racing ( something he started) several years back... Roger suied and won something like $3mil or actually it could have been more....i wonder if the AMA ever paid Edmonson for the judgement he won against the AMA.... My guess is he released his settelment for the judgement, for a piece of the pie and the Frances tossed in some dough to sweetn the pot and make it happen.... good move on everyones part cuz AMA Pro has gone down hill since Roger left.... in any case its good news for motorcycle racing in this country... will anything trickel down to LSR..?... lets hope so....
kent