Author Topic: ECTA street class.............  (Read 3129 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
ECTA street class.............
« on: December 04, 2007, 11:39:25 PM »
Is there a place on the ECTA site that explains the 130 or 135 mph street class or whatever it is called?  I need to know what is required to run in that class and any other info that would be good to know.  I can't find it.

Also can I use the 2007 membership form that is on the site for 2008 or will a new form be posted in Jan..

Thanks,

Sum

Offline RidgeRunner

Re: ECTA street class.............
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 07:56:41 AM »
Sum, 

I have used membership forms for the following year before with no problems.  Might want to check with Treasurer/Membership Tonya Turk, tturk@ecta-lsr.com.

Believe you are thinking running time only with the GMC.  Under 135 not much required, convertibles and plastic bodied cars not included [additional requirements].  Once a car exceeds a 5 MPH cushion it will not be allowed to run again until it is in full compliance with competition rules.  135 MPH and over, all vehicles must conform to the safety requirements for the speed intended.  135-150 4 point bar, 150-175 6 point bar, over 175 full cage probably the biggest issues for you to be thinking about first. Best to get details for your intentions from Joe Timney, jtimney@ecta-lsr.com.  This information taken from the 2007 rule book.  Joe might take a bit in getting back to you, he and Donna should be catching up on their "real life" about now.

I know you understand Sum, but for others who might have ideas: anything over the 5 MPH cushion and you WILL be asked to leave, too far over and it is in not so polite terms with return priviledges denied, this from personal observation.  Friendly, relaxed organization but when it comes to safety they get serious in a hurry, want you to have fun safely and be able to return for more.

Hope everthing works out so I can get to meet you in the Spring.

Ed Purinton

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 11:12:50 AM »
Thanks Ed for the info.  I'll wait to Jan. and see if the new form is up and then join so I can get a current rule book.

Hope to meet you and a lot of others in April,

Sum

Offline team_cougar

• Mercury Cougar go fast punk
  • New folks
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 11:36:37 AM »
Sum,
 I just printed the 07 form, crossed out the 07 and wrote "2008" over it with a sharpie and sent it with my check.
 So far so good.
  :mrgreen:
Andy White
Huntersville NC
1970 Mercury Cougar

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 06:50:11 PM »
Sum,
 Usually the form doesn't change beyond the date at the top.
Writing 2008 on the top would be perfectly acceptable. If they
want new or further info from you they'll email you or catch
you at the meet.

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol: