Author Topic: Glasses no more... ?  (Read 10517 times)

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
Glasses no more... ?
« on: December 01, 2007, 09:35:55 PM »
Or so I hope! Well, I did it. I wasn't a candidate for the Lasik so yesterday I had the PRK procedure done on my eyes. Similar concept to the lasik, well actually, I think this one came first before they figured out & perfected lasik. This one has a longer healing time & more pain/discomfort but hopefully a comparable favorable end result. So far so good. Had a check up this morning & my eyes are already at 20/20 which thoroughly impressed the doctor. Things are still fuzzy & my eyes are still puffy & sore but I'm seeing a lot better then I thought I would. I go back again Tuesday to have the protective lenses removed from my eyes and check the progress & vision again.
Just thought I'd let y'all know since I've been asking for input on the subject throughout the year.

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline stratman59

Re: Glasses no more... ?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 09:40:43 PM »
great news hope everything works works out for you
robbie

landracing

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 03:29:49 AM »
I guess while the eyes are fuzzy Todd must look better.. :)

Jon

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 09:30:38 AM »
Thanks Robbie!

I guess while the eyes are fuzzy Todd must look better.. :)

Jon

LOL He keeps telling everyone her vision is great she thinks I look good!

Today is a fun day, I have double/3-d Vision & my depth perception is a little off! It's actually kind of funny! I had to put my monitor to 800x600 to read the screen and I'm sitting on the couch with my dark sunglasses on! But I'm on an internet time limit to rest my eyes. (meaning as soon as Todd comes down & catches me on the internet he's going to take my laptop! LOL) I'll have to find a good B movie to occupy my time today!

Deb

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 01:15:53 PM »
"...I have double/3-d Vision & my depth perception is a little off!..."

Cool, Deb.  Yeah, I remember the 60's, too.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tomsmith

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 01:33:35 PM »
I still wear glasses.  When you get old, your "accommodation" gets shorter.  I.e., the range of focus from near to far.  My myoptic eyes can focus fairly clearly from about 6 inches to 4 feet or so.  If I had surgery to focus at infinity, my range would be maybe from 20 or 30 feet to whatever.  In any case, I would have to wear glasses to either read or see far away (my choice), so I decided it wasn't worth it.  When I was 40, I had excellent accommodation.  Getting my astigmatism fixed would be good, however.  My two youngest kids had lasix surgery and are very happy, but they are only 46.  Freud probably has good advice for you.
139mph with no bike, but with speedo and helmet.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 01:54:38 PM »
Deb, be careful, is it double vision or two cones, do you go around them or through them.
Glen(bum knee) :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 02:05:17 PM »
You're funny Jon! (I don't remember the 60's  :-P )

Tom, I'm just 40 now so I chose the reading glasses for the future over not doing it & suffering through bi-focals or the combo contacts & reading glasses. I'm hoping to get a few years of freedom to go along with my quest for speed. The contacts/glasses were problematic with the high speed!  :wink:

Glen,
You & the cones can rest assured that they're not letting me back on the bike until I can see straight. Todd took all my keys away just to be sure!  :-D (How's the knee progress?)

Deb

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 03:48:14 PM »
Deb
The knee is still pretty sore. I tripped last week and pulled a muscle above the knee, cut my arm open and was generally pissed at being stupid to try to move something without help. Trust me my wife was there and is still calling me names. I think the big problem is cabin fever. I can drive and get around but can't stand for long periods. I go back to see the surgeon on Wednesday afternoon. I think a knee brace would help but will let him tell me.

Hope your weather is still good, I know it gets nasty in the winter. We don't get much snow here. :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 04:31:21 PM »
Well dang Glen, be careful & listen to momma! You're not 18 anymore dontcha know! Grill that Doc & get what you think you need! Brace, cane, whatever will help you walk the right way until you get those muscles built back up. Heck, I've even used a cane when I was 25 years old. No shame in using what you need at the time to get better!

Our weather is not too bad here. It's progessively getting cooler but none of that nasty "S" word yet! ;)

Deb

Offline wolcottjl

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 08:03:31 AM »
Hope all goes well today!
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 06:24:29 PM »
Check up on Tuesday went well. My eyes are almost fully healed. They removed the protective lenses. My eyes feel fine. Vision checked out at slightly worse then 20/20. My vision is still fluctuating wildly. Went back to work today and felt like Mr. Magoo with my monitor up my nose to read the screen! fun fun fun! Good thing I can laugh at myself!  :-D Carpooling to work until I can see well enough to drive myself! Thought I'd be nice to everyone else on the road & not attempt to drive! lol Next Follow up thur 12/13.

Deb

Offline Dan Stokes

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 03:29:05 PM »
Best of luck.  After my cataract surgery, mine fluctuated for a while but settled out at about 20/20.  Need reading glasses, but my surgeon suggested just getting the $5.00 ones from the dime store, which seem to work OK.  If I decide I want stronger or weaker, I blow another $5.

Please tell Todd that I sent him a PM.  Do you have your schedule for Wilmington @ Christmas yet?  We're going to Texas to see ME's Dad, but may overlap with your time here.

Later
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 07:16:51 PM »
Thanks Dan! This fluctuation is making me a little nutty but I'm learning to cope! :-( It's difficult to read which is a bit of a problem as that's how I make the dough! I spend most of the day putting drops in my eyes & squinting at the computer screen!  :roll: And I still can't drive cause everythings still too fuzzy. So I guess I'm getting lessons on being old, dependant & patient!  :-D Next follow-up is on Thursday.

We'll probably be down for the weekend through Christmas. Probably getting there on Sat if we can swing it.

Deb

Offline narider

• Self Moderating
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 09:28:07 AM »
Ok, now tat it's all done... the doc gave her 20/20 left and 20/20 right(and 20/15 together I think it was)?
At anyrate.. her new found vision has made it clear to me that she can now see her way well enough to the fact that she likes me(read as trained me in) driving her back and forth to the train station morning and night.
Hmmm, maybe it was me that needed the glasses all along :?
Glad your peepers are fixed darlin :wink:
Todd