Author Topic: Book Signing at Autobooks Aerobooks This Sunday  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Rocky R

• Author/Land Speed Racing Site
Book Signing at Autobooks Aerobooks This Sunday
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »
This is for anyone in the southern California area this weekend. I will be in Burbank at the AutoBooks AeroBooks bookstore this Sunday (12/2) from 12-3pm.

Stop by and say hello and maybe pick up an autographed copy of my book, FLAT OUT about chasing the motorcycle world land speed record. This bookstore caters to car, plane, and motorcycle enthusiasts, and in addition to having great books, is loaded with die cast models, posters, and more. Jay Leno and other hardcore enthusiasts are regulars here.

Hope to see you there!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Book Signing at Autobooks Aerobooks This Sunday
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 12:08:34 PM »
Not, you understand, that I'm telling folks not to go to the signing -- but - - -

Last year at SpeedWeek Nancy and I had the pleasure of pitting next to the Ack Attack bike (again).  Before the meet ended I asked Rocky to sell me a copy of his book (which just happened to have a supply of with him), and lo and behold, when he delivered it to us it was already autographed to us.  Nice touch, great book.

A week or so ago I lent the book to a buddy that happens to ride motorcycles but never in his wildest dreams has he raced.  He opened the book and was first impressed by the autograph (thanks, Rocky) and since has told me how much he's enjoying the book.  I'm already on the record as having stated it's a good/fun read.

So the point of this is -- take your copy of the book with you when you next see Rocky.  I don't know what events the Ack bike will be running in '08 -- but I betcha he'll be willing to sign for you then.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 11:02:05 PM »
Rocky, are you planning a book signing in Wichita KS?  yea I know, not exactly the center of the universe, lots of folks have suggested it is closer the the part way south of the center....
I have a copy of your book on my Christmas list, as should any racer worth his salt.... seriously...
If I don't get one I will buy one and hopefully get you to sign it next time I see you, I probably won't break out my Top 1 hat, signed by you when you held the record, that is already on display in my Bonneville Shrine/Room...
Although I probably should drag it out so you can add your new record speed.... yep that would be a good move
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 05:07:52 PM »
Stainless, the last time I was in Kansas was to race the fair circuit (class C flat track) at Norton Kansas and Bellvue? This was in the early 80's. I remember one year there we encountered a lightning storm. I remember seeing the lightning flashing off in the distance while going down the back straightaway. That was spooky! No book signings scheduled there unfortunately.

Be happy to sign one whenever I see you. Besides Amazon and the bookstores, I sell a few to folks that want autographed copies. If you wish to go that route, my email is author@rocky-robinson.com or go to my website: www.rocky-robinson.com and order from the Contacts page.

Thanks for the consideration...
Happy Holidays

Offline Rocky R

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »
Thanks to everyone who attended my booksigning at Autobooks Aerobooks. Met a lot of neat people, especially a couple of ex rally car racers who shared some great stories. There was even one guy who competed in land speed racing in streamlined bicycles (on pavement)

My last booksigning of the year is in Monterey tomorrow (Saturday December 8). If any of you are in the area, stop by and say hi!

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 03:27:05 PM »
Hey glad things went good for you there.  I finally got a chance to start reading your book the other day.  It is a good read and I think a "must" read for anyone thinking about building a motorcycle streamliner or for that manner any fast car like a lakester or streamliner.  I picked up some new things already to think about.

You did a good job Rocky, you should feel good about it.  Now if I can remember to bring mine to the salt to get you to autograph it.  I'm usually not into that kind of thing, but in this case it would mean a lot to me.

c ya,

Sum