Author Topic: bantam roadster legal for rear engine modified roadster class?  (Read 16642 times)

BFRMR

Re: bantam roadster legal for rear engine modified roadster class?
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2008, 12:09:59 AM »
We ran 200 in the first mile and ran out of gear. The plan was to change gears after licensing, but had problems with the other gear sets, so had to go with the 200 mph gears. That was with an unblown TFX 92 running 4 cylinders. Next year we will add a blower to the 4 cylinder and then switch to a V8. The car was built for me by George Fields, Trackmasters car 125. The engine is the same 4 cylinder design which is being run in George's car and was designed by Paul Madsen from DMR car 44. The engine was originally developed and run in DMR's lakester.

BFRMR

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2008, 12:26:46 AM »
That should be DRM's lakester, car number 44, I posted before I edited. I also wanted to add that the car was built in a year in George's shop, that's from scratch to a running car. Without the effort put in by George (7 day weeks for many months) and the help of others like Paul with the engine work, that would have never happened. On top of that, quality was not sacrificed.

Offline Rex Schimmer

• Only time and money prevent completion!
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »
I knew that!! Man I must have had a few to many or just had taken my daily dose of stupid pills!! My apologies to the guys with the 212 "34" roadster!!!! Neat car and going over 200 with half a hemi is a real feat!!!

Nice car and again sorry for the mistake. BUT your car certainly does show some of the things that can be done in this class, such as the shrouding of the rear wheels by the body which I am sure you could also do with a Bantum, also like you rear defuser and the wing.

Rex
Rex

Not much matters and the rest doesn't matter at all.