Bonneville Salt Flats Discussion > Bonneville General Chat

Easyrider Streamliner`s Horsepower?

<< < (14/16) > >>

JackD:
Boy the mph per cc thing really got the natives restless.

The first time it was run at the BUB event, the racers were smarter than the rulers and the abuse was the result.
The assist for the vehicle start should be limited and terminated at a distance equal to the timed distance.
If the mile is to be the standard, the assist should terminate 1 mile back from the start of the measured-timed mile.
I have this idea for a mile long sling shot that I want to try on a bike with selected riders. :-D

MadDuck:
Good idea Jack, new class of racing: mph/cc.  Two mile course, first 1/2 mile to get it up to speed, time over last mile.  Be as creative as you want.  I would love to see what shows up.  Much more interesting than bar stool racing.

JackD:
You don't have to go 400+ to race.
It adds a dimension to the effort that can represent a lot of work satisfaction with honorable results.
With an electric it can be mph per pound weight of the package.
Efficiency can also be speed per measure of store bought gas. :-D

tortoise:

--- Quote from: Eric_Noyes on November 28, 2007, 08:56:38 PM ---For the last two years at the Bub Event, engines less than 50cc are still calculated as having 50cc for the Cash Prize in the Top MPH/cc ratio.
--- End quote ---
For all practical purposes, this event is the 50cc championship, as larger engines are at a very serious disadvantage. A good thing to be doing, though. I like Jack's idea of a thermal efficiency prize best. Enough fuel to get the first generation of racers up to around 50 mph would be a good formula; I wonder how much that would be.

JackD:
Carry all the fuel you want, the measure would be how much you used per mph.
Using a gallon to run 200 would be tied with somebody else that used a quart to run 50.
Efficiency is the game.
Like target shooting, the size of the hole is less important than the accuracy. :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version