Bonneville Salt Flats Discussion > Bonneville General Chat

Easyrider Streamliner`s Horsepower?

(1/16) > >>

stayt`ie:
i was having a conversation with a couple off my harley davidson friends, thay were bemoaning the fact that a harley motored machine didnt hold the outright world record anymore.... the question was asked "what was the horsepower rating off the easyriders streamliner, when it set the record at 322mph ???" 

Sumner:

--- Quote from: stayt`ie on November 23, 2007, 07:05:00 AM ---i was having a conversation with a couple off my harley davidson friends, thay were bemoaning the fact that a harley motored machine didn't hold the outright world record anymore.... the question was asked "what was the horsepower rating off the easyriders streamliner, when it set the record at 322mph ???" 

--- End quote ---

I've heard completly unsubstantiated rumors that it might make a run at the record again.  My money though is on Mike and Ack Attack to put it up there were it will stay for more than a year or so.

c ya,

Sum

panic:
"horsepower rating"?

Sorry, don't understand the question.

JackD:
For a machine of that type, the best guess would be to compute the amount of fuel used per second like the estimates for a TF car are done.
That would only based on projections.
Even computers only play back what they heard, and don't tell the whole story.
 The reality of the % of available power delivered that you might be able to figure from the aerodynamics, distance traveled , under what conditions , and weight, won't get you any closer.
I saw it run more than anyone and my best answer is " IT HAD ENOUGH".
As for the future, nothing stirs the fire under the real competition more than getting beat.
When you consider how fast the cars are going (450+), and how many years and projects it took for the bikes to go 350, you start to feel like the bike liner hasn't been perfected yet.
We shall see. :wink:

"Theoretical estimates produce theoretical results."

1212FBGS:
Keith Ruxton would be able to tell ya... My guess givin the speed, sq foot, the aprox cd, vehicle weight, and known hp of a nitro shovel head. I would put her at 400hp..they probably wouldnt have told Jack since he was there doing the FIM verification... Rumer has it Jack made them wade through lots of turds as they were trying to break a record he helped to establish (team Vesco 318). The single harley motor Leo Hess had in his liner at the world finals should should be able to get the job done... by the way does anyone have leo's phone#.... He wanted me to make him new bodywork and i told him i could get to it in Jan....
kent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version