Author Topic: Spoiler Question?????????  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
Spoiler Question?????????
« on: November 22, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »
4.CC STREAMLINING:
4.CC.6 Spoiler:
An alternate spoiler design may be used. The spoiler must be a single surface with no side
plates. The spoiler chord will be 10” maximum, measured on the top surface and at the center
line of the car. The ends of the spoiler may follow the contour of the body but must not extend
beyond the outside edges of the body at any point. When laid flat, the width of the spoiler
chord can be a maximum of 16” wider than the outside plane of the rear tires.

4.CC.6 use to describe a spoiler where you could have "spill plates".  Above they say "An alternate spoiler design may be used."

So is the 4.CC.6 an alternative and an addition to the old 4.CC.6 and thus are spill plates still allowed??

I'm also confused about "The ends of the spoiler may follow the contour of the body".  Does this mean it can be shaped in a curve vs. the flat surface of before??

Thanks,

Sum

dwarner

Re: Spoiler Question?????????
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 07:59:52 PM »
Alternate means in addition to.
Yes to question two.

You really need to use your 2007 rulebook when looking at this stuff.  In the past only the effected sentence was printed here. I thought that by showing the complete paragraph the changes would make more sense.

Maybe not.

DW

Offline jl222

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 01:34:12 AM »

Thanks Dan,good addition to the design.
     Did i read you were getting out of it? If so you will be missed! You've done an excellent and dedicated
    job all these years and i have always enjoyed going thru the prosess with you.

Thanks again JL222

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 08:42:04 PM »
DWarner-

Someone said you're going to retire- your no-nonsense wisdom is way to valuable-say it ain't so.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

dwarner

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 10:17:52 PM »
Yep, true.

Too much on my plate. I have come the realization that I don't know enough to do the job properly.

I will continue to run impound and I hope that my recent rash of errors comes to an end. I will also continue to be involved with the Bonneville 200 MPH club.

Thanks for the support,
DW

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 10:34:40 PM »
Yep, true.

Too much on my plate. I have come the realization that I don't know enough to do the job properly.

I hope that my recent rash of errors comes to an end.

Thanks for the support,
DW

Dan, didn't realize you had a rash, let alone made any errors..... Not sure what you think you are doing improperly... Seems to me most of us think that you are a wealth of good LSR info.... Are ya taking flak?  As always, we appreciate all you do for the sport!!!
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 08:54:31 AM »
I'll let Dan speak for himself if he wishes to do so, but -- like many of the volunteers -- Dan did far more jobs/duties than "just" impound and working with the Bville 2 Club.  In some of those other jobs I had the pleasure of working with him, in most I didn't. 

To the larger issue:  It's not infrequently mentioned that we thank the volunteers for their work -- the work that makes the meets happen, keeps the organisation running, and so on.  I betcha that many of you racers don't realise, though, just how damn many jobs there are that NEED to be done.  Examples:  You know about putting out cones to guide traffic -- but somebody has to sketch a map showing all of the locations where roads will be so the cones go in the right place.  Ditto for the porta-potties.  Or - a couple of folks drive the trucks to pull the drags, but what about those volunteers that put the drags up on blocks after the drag is done for the season, and those who build/rebuild the drags?  You've all got t-shirts up the yin-yang -- but think about the people that gather the artwork necessary for the shirts and help decide what vehicles will be on the shirt.  How many hours have been spent on that little piece of business?

Nancy and I do scads of "jobs" out there -- yet I know (from direct observation) that we're just little cogs in an absolutely huge wheel.  It's hard to imagine how much folks like Dan do -- folks that have been in LSR for decades.

Thanks, Dan, and thanks to all of the workers.

Late addition:  Wow, I just realised what the original topic of this thread is.  Sorry to go so far off track.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

dwarner

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 09:11:05 AM »
OK - thats enough.

I am not looking for any strokes, nor do I need them. I appreciate everyone's comments but, I am just one of dozens of dedicated volunteers who do this because we want to. The pleasure I get is being a part of the team that enables each one of our racers to realize their dreams and goals.

Let's get to racin'

DW

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 09:23:55 AM »
Get some "salt salve" for that rash....
see ya on the salt, we can have a cold one...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O