Author Topic: FIM "Type" ?  (Read 6093 times)

stayt`ie

FIM "Type" ?
« on: November 21, 2007, 07:03:32 AM »
   there will be a number of us "auzzie" blokes coming over to run at bub`s in 09,,,, i have been checking out the fim classes and general guff,,,
    question, division b (partially streamlined), type 1 = spark ignition, n/a, internal combustion.  ok, in the 2006 records listing i see that both mark deluca and don mills "types" are listed as type v, which is the desigination under division c, (streamliner) for spark ignition,,,
   is this a misprint in the records listing?, if not, can somewon please explain,,,,

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: FIM "Type" ?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 09:36:13 AM »
Good Freakin' Luck -- I asked this person and that person and never did get an easy-to-understand explanation of the FIM class designations.  Looking in the rules led me one way -- and in the records listings another way.

I gave up and didn't go to Bub's to run for an FIM record -- too much paperwork, among other reasons.  Another good reason is that neither of our bikes was ready to race last summer.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 12:52:37 PM »
FIM is now suffering the same fate as AMA.
It was not always that way, but like so many things, the attention to detail is gone and money makes the rules.
You have to either rise above or step aside.
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Uncle Jimbo

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 11:37:30 AM »
Talk about being totaly confussed, thats me right about now.  Last two years we did the BUB-AMA Bonneville event and now have a severe case of "salt fever", which I truly enjoy.  I have spent several hours now at the FIM web site trying to figure out where our "Gray Ghost" fits in their classifications. The Ghost is running in the M/PP 1350 AMAclass. Its a 1974 H-D Iron Head. Matching engine & frame numbers. Its engine conforms to the production pushrod class, being original equipment eng. cases, cylinders, cyl.heads, and oem throttle body with stock venturi carburation.  I now have a head ach trying to figure out its FIM class and have e-mailed the FIM org. and got no response. I know there are plenty of very knowledgable guys at Landracing dot com, and maybe somebody could steer me in the right direction. The Gray Ghost will be back for the BUB-AMA event to try and up his record, and would like a shot at the FIM book if I can just figure out where he fits in. Its that or just having to forget about the FIM shot, which I would rather not.
In advance, thanks for any input. This web site and all the people that post here are great.
Respectfully
Jim Fischer
Project Gray Ghost
M/PP 1350
2007 AMA Land Speed Record
From days of old, when knights were bold, and rode Iron Horses
24 Land Speed Records
M/PP 1350 AMA/BUB - M/CPG 1350 - M/CPF 1350 - LTA
M/PG 1650 - M/PF 1650 - AMA/BUB
A/PG 1650 - A/PF 1650 -  ECTA - LTA
Top speed to date 194.664

Offline RP

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »
Jimbo, 

It is confusing to say the least, but it looks like FIM does not have classes for types of engine or chassis, just engine size, blown or unblown. 

Offline Larry C

• Global Moderator
  • Real sidecars have passengers
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 04:31:59 PM »
To answer all of your questions regarding FIM go the to BUB web site and email Delvene with any and all questions. Don't bother with trying to contact the FIM itself, or the AM either. Withh the changes taking place at the AMA the answers for AMA and FIM land speed racing will come from Delvene. Email is best for her and will be the quickest way to get a response.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 12:47:17 AM »
Has anyone downloaded the 2011 FIM rules for BUB?  If so, did you find it on the FIM website?