Author Topic: Would like to get in on this.  (Read 10115 times)

Offline orange-appeal

• New folks
Re: Would like to get in on this.
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2007, 06:19:07 PM »
My knees are strapped on with Velcro straps that I have to use my hands to take loose, But I have mounted them to the frame in a way that they can brake loose in case of a roll over, any other way and my knees would "wing out" from the wind at any thing over 70 mph. Also my leathers are perforated in the chest ... I'll stick with the drag strip. I cant build a ride just for the salts as I'll only get to use it but once and I cant come all that way and end up not passing spec. Thanks for try'n guys.

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2007, 08:08:22 PM »
orange guy...ever hear the one "if it were easy everyone would be doin it"...by the sounds of your posts and look of your bike, i dont think your the kind of guy that will let anything slow ya up. after all ya did build a bike so you can ride again.... unfortunately your bike doesnt fit into one of our existing classes...you arn't the first guy that this has happened to....you can do the easy thing and go drag race your bike at your local strip...you probably already know you cant do a professional drag race cuz your bike doesnt fit into one of there classes too...now if you want to participate in a professional event and set a world record, i think you already know you will need to build a specific vehicle. Peg leg craig is building a sidecar streamliner to set a record. so we dont care what someones perticular challange is (i will have to add that i think most of us are mentaly challanged) you just need to have the desire to be a part of history, and the stones to make it happen
kent

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2007, 08:46:18 PM »
I am with Kent-- folks were trying to COACH you how to do it---IF you were intrested enough to be coachable---guess not!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 10:14:08 PM »
OA, take the trike to Maxton, comply with their requirements, they are not the same as the salt.... just basic safety stuff, PM narider or damurf, they will fill ya in on the requirements.  People there can also tell you what you need for Bonneville.   If you think the trike will go 160, and you still want to go to the salt, go to WOS.  You can landspeed race if you want to.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline hawkwind

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 04:29:03 AM »
Another option O.P. is Lake Gairdner Australia ,trikes allowed and welcomed , go for any speed you like , we cater for many different machines that the SCTA do not , I just wish it was easier on the hip nerve for ppl to attend
cheers
slower than most