Author Topic: SVS TTRS New Fastest Car at Maxton - Video  (Read 6763 times)

Offline flatout freedom

• New folks
SVS TTRS New Fastest Car at Maxton - Video
« on: December 27, 2007, 07:12:12 PM »

Offline wolcottjl

Re: SVS TTRS New Fastest Car at Maxton - Video
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 08:48:59 PM »
Congratulations! 

I thought there was a lakester at over 250?  I could be wrong.
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline t russell

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2007, 09:27:40 PM »
No he was the fastest.That was a heck of a run.
terry

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
     Joe Law went 255.684,  but that was when ECTA used the Moultrie GA course, 4/95.

Believe the Viper upped the previous best Maxton car speed held by KT in the Camaro, I would have to check the run logs to be sure.

Ed

Offline Larry Forstall

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:41:13 PM »
Only need 30 MPH more to beat the bikes. :evil: Can you say power to weight ratio.  :-D

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 12:50:33 AM »
hey larry
pork pie was lookin for ya...he's got some pix for ya...i gave him your address but ya might want to PM him anyhow...
kent

Offline Waco Racer

• New folks
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 03:12:34 PM »
Congratulations! 

I thought there was a lakester at over 250?  I could be wrong.

That was at the Texas Mile - Bill Scott - AA Blown Fuel Lakester 257.117 MPH, Achieved Oct 2004
NASA Texas Race Director

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 04:37:16 PM »
For you older folk -- that was Billy "The Kid" Scott in dad's once-upon-a-time Scotty's Muffler Service lakester.

Smokin' run!  (No, I don't think it was on fire this time.)
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline flatout freedom

• New folks
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 01:24:30 PM »
     Joe Law went 255.684,  but that was when ECTA used the Moultrie GA course, 4/95.

Believe the Viper upped the previous best Maxton car speed held by KT in the Camaro, I would have to check the run logs to be sure.

Ed

Interesting, I didn't know the ECTA had run a different course. Was Joe Law running a Lakester then?

The Viper upped the topspeed record for a car at Maxton that was held by Jesel - driver Jimmy Barton in a Nascar tube frame chassis and running a C engine

From ECTA site/records:

9292 C/FCT (fuel Circle Track) Jesel Land Speed Team Jimmy Barton Oct-06 230.202

jR

Offline flatout freedom

• New folks
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 01:27:07 PM »
Only need 30 MPH more to beat the bikes. :evil: Can you say power to weight ratio.  :-D

{place bowdown smilie here}

:-D

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 09:40:57 PM »
Flatout,

I might have typed more than I know for sure [wouldn't be the the first time].  First ECTA meet I attended was Sept '02 at Maxton, anything from before that is just what I have read.

Took the Joe Law Moultrie, GA. information from the East Coast 200 MPH Club Life Membership list on page 63 of the '07 Rule Book.  Page 65 also lists Record C/BGL, driver J. Law, Apr-95, 255.682.

Might have even been a one time meet at a third venue in the past.  Anyone have good information on that?

Thought of other possibilitys after I posted on 12-27-07.  Not all speeds turned show up in the rule/record book.  I know of two Lakesters that have run in open classes, speeds show in the meet run logs but not the book because the owners didn't take the time to go through the impound proceedure for official records, were more interested in using all available time to develop their programs to meet higher personal goals.  Ment more to them to try for an extra run to check out a change on the car or qualify the driver for the next higher license etc.  Probably has happened in other classes over the years.

Do know for sure, that Viper is one impressive car and GOES no matter how you look it.  Currently one up on all the 4 wheelers at MAXTON to the best of my knowlege.

Hope to be able to see it run again in April.

Ed

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2008, 06:24:36 PM »
     Checked the run logs.  KT run in the Camaro I was thinking of was slower than I had remembered.   I was in error with my statement in post of 12-27-07, sorry for any confusion I may have brought about.

Ed Purinton

Offline flatout freedom

• New folks
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2008, 08:32:48 PM »
     Checked the run logs.  KT run in the Camaro I was thinking of was slower than I had remembered.   I was in error with my statement in post of 12-27-07, sorry for any confusion I may have brought about.

Ed Purinton

Ed, no worries whatsoever. I just remembered vividly that it was Jesel because he was there in Oct, shook my hand and said "You just cost me alot of money because now I have to take back my Maxton record you just beat"  :-D  That was an honor for me to hear Wayne Jesel say that and I'm sure he meant every word of it! I'm sure there's going to be alot of action in the coming years for mile racing. I feel we can go faster and hope to be there in April for the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge. Please stop by and say hello  :-)

Super Kaz

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2008, 08:46:14 PM »

Ya but those bumps and that turn at the end look like it would be a HANDFUL @ 250+MPH :-o!
Hope to find out 1st hand sometime soon? :mrgreen:
My bike's body work might get a little worked out makin that turn THOUGH "it's really LOW" :|!

Offline Rick Byrnes

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »
If I remember correctly, there were two meets at Moultrie Ga.
Joes record and one of mine in the Merkur are still standing.  The airport was a very nice venue that with some minor work could have been really super.  Racing in NC though is much more central for all the racers.  I do not believe there was a third location.

I've been to Maxton as well, but haven't run ECTA for some time as the new car actually remains unfinished.

Rick

Rick