Author Topic: Classification assistance  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Boxrod

• New folks
Classification assistance
« on: November 13, 2007, 04:23:29 AM »
Could anybody out there give me an idea of what class I'll be running in. The engine will be a 2.3 liter, turbo, gas fed, 4 cyl. I am shooting for 130 mph max. The vehicle is a 64 VW bus. I looked through the rule book and couldn't figure it out. Thanks
Go to www.volksarama.com for kool stuff

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Classification assistance
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:41:06 AM »
Box, more info required, what mods are done, does it have a cage, fire system, meet all current safety requirements for scta?

You could run 130 club at the USFRA WOS meet, I think that lets you go 139 and lets you drive in, race and drive out.  It is a great place to start and the UAFRA guys treat racers like they want them there.  Hope to see you there.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline jimmy six

Re: Classification assistance
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:52:38 PM »
We do not direct what type of vehicle to build. Since it is not a pickup I wouls assume it would fit in the production on up thru comp coupe classifications. Gas coupe if it has an engineswap. As for altered it may depend if you move the engine and by how much. I would call or write the Coupe and sedan chairmen for classifiaction.. Good luck...(I would not drive it in a crosswind even it the starter says it's OK).
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro