Author Topic: testing  (Read 30423 times)

Offline willieworld

Re: testing
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
when i discovered this forum i thought what a great place-- a place where i can ask a question and draw from all of the hundreds of years of experience that you all have --imagine all the wisdom of all land speed racing right here on my computer--to bad          willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
What are the blue ones?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 06:42:57 PM »
Willie,  Do you think that if we were really wise we'd be hauling up tp El Mirage in the middle of July, frying our butts, suckin' dust, breaking parts and saying "Man this is great!"?   We ain't wise and it is great!!
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
Willie! I'm all for ya, but you are just diggin a hole.

If you are suggesting the first person did not know the answer, I suggest you didn't want to hear it.
And then you posted:
im not suggesting anything

If that's the case, you posted:

thanks old gringo looks like someone finally posted that knew the answer

Funny, old gringo posted about BLM rules, and your buddy violated SCTA rules. In particular, and for the second time.
"D. Warm Up Area
Due to insurance considerations, a warm-up area will no longer be available."

I know, you're going to argue that Friday doesn't count, or Friday early doesn't count even though SCTA has been on the lake bed since at least Thursday. Or that you haven't been inspected and aren't a race vehicle. All of this counts for nothing. It isn't safe, it won't be allowed, and since there has been a warning, the next time is asking for real trouble.

How do I know this? I was there when the club voted on Noonan's misadventure, which old naïve newby me thought was no big deal. I thought maybe dump his points for that race, make him skip a race, then BOOM I get a taste for the school of hard knocks. Ask him.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 10:31:03 PM »
dean  i dont think you get it so i will keep it simple
         1 i wasnt rideing my race bike on friday
         2 my friend isnt a member of anything he can ride his bike anywhere at anytime at el mirage --the same as i do my pit bike
         3 he didnt know any better he only raced 1 time before at bub this year and you do not have to tow your bike there--he knows now
         4 i will continue to test there although not on friday  saturday or sunday
         5 enough is enough  lets move onto something important 
         6  we have 5 months here  lets learn from each other and all run faster next year  -- o yes 1 more thing  if i call you a name i will do it to your face not on the computer       thank you for all of your imput positive and negetive     willie  buchta               
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2007, 11:34:47 PM »
dean even though john isnt in my club i like him a lot  i just wish he would spell my name right--dean while i have you on the line i am intrested in buying the front steering off of the long low bike(sorry i dont remember)  thanks  let me know   willie  buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2007, 01:01:26 PM »
Blue for Bonneville, no record....
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Offline jimmy six

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2007, 01:19:06 PM »
As much as Willie is trying to find out, it will just take time until the word "lawyer" is used and we will not race again. 10 years ago we did not even have ELMO procedures and so many new folks came into this "sport" and something needed to be done. At that time I had over 20 years and didn't know the secret hand shake. (still don't), but the old guys seemed to know who the hippy was with the illegal roadster.  Try to hide testing it.

I'm sure more will be added to the ELMO procedure list but most new members don't seem to get copies of it before they join a club. Too me all clubs should pass these out during the time prospective members are coming to meetings. Wait a minute one club only one meeting a year; well that didn't work.

Any of you may have watched last weeks 60 minutes all of todays generation are "special" and no one has ever told them NO. They will be the guys I'll be training to replace me in my job but they will leave before they know how to be safe. But they will move on to the next job and say how smart they are with highvoltage and probably go on to kill someone.

As a passing note. If we invite a "guest" up to run we should be responsible enough to let them know everything possible. I watched 2 guys on what appeared to be stock older BMW 2-wheelers ride by in the "rookie" line underpower (albeit slow) yes they had number placards obviously they did not have the word. Probably rode back after their runs too. JD
First GMC 6 powered Fuel roadster over 200, with 2 red hats. Pit crew for Patrick Tone's Super Stock #49 Camaro

Super Kaz

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2007, 01:25:27 PM »

Your Modesty Kills Worlds Fastest :evil:! How can I get me one of those Red BrassTags with my name and speed :??

You have a better chance of a red tag if you get out and race Kaz!! :-D
Hitch hike, beg, borrow , steal, sell an organ just get out here Kaz. We miss you!

Jason,

Better sell him one of yours to ride... :mrgreen:
[/quote]

Thats Sweet :-o?
Got any SPARES :oops:?
Heck I don't care what it is as long as it Fast :wink!
I miss You guy's too :lol:

Offline MattS

• http://www.wheeltramps.com
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2007, 01:53:04 PM »
As a passing note. If we invite a "guest" up to run we should be responsible enough to let them know everything possible. I watched 2 guys on what appeared to be stock older BMW 2-wheelers ride by in the "rookie" line underpower (albeit slow) yes they had number placards obviously they did not have the word. Probably rode back after their runs too. JD

Those bikes, actually their support equipment, didn't pass tech. My friend saw that & almost flipped, but then realized they were just watching their friend run. But they shouldn't bring their bikes into the staging line. That is another problem, people riding through the staging area. I know it is spectator friendly, but it's a zoo in there.

Matt

Offline willieworld

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2007, 02:24:13 PM »
if they showed you the secret handshake it wouldnt be a secret any more --if they wrote down the unwritten rules they wouldnt be unwritten any more    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2007, 02:57:58 PM »
Liability and the conditions of insurance allow SCTA to set up at EM only on the 1 day prior and do not cover them for any other activities.
If the SCTA published absolute rules about activity outside that area they would burden themselves with an uninsurable liability that day.
They can strongly suggest standards of conduct outside that area for their people, but are limited to that.
Violate the unpublished rules and you risk the unpublished sanctions that you are cruising for.
Not everybody knows all that but common sense has taught most of them to act appropriately.
The BLM on the other hand has published regulations for every activity and will often warn you just like any other policing agency.
When push comes to shove, ignorance is no excuse under the law.

" If you spend the whole time looking down and kicking the dirt, don't be surprised when it rains."  (me)
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2007, 04:16:47 PM »
Not everybody knows all that but common sense has taught most of them to act appropriately.

Common

Sense

Two words that so many people lack, don't understand, ignore . . .

From Widipedia:
Common sense, based on a strict construction of the term, is what people in common would agree: that which they "sense" in common as their common natural understanding. Some use the phrase to refer to beliefs or propositions that in their opinion they consider would in most people's experience be prudent and of sound judgment, without dependence upon esoteric knowledge or study or research, but based upon what is believed to be knowledge held by people "in common", so: the knowledge and experience most people have, or are believed to have by the person using the term.

Yeah, hey, I get it.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2007, 05:16:48 PM »
hey i get it to guys you have my word -now i need to make my bike go faster any any ideas or should i post somewere else (this site is for rules)  thanks  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2007, 05:52:44 PM »
Well I am glad we all got past that and as far as speed and performance in LSR is concerned, you are in the right spot. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"