Author Topic: injector maps  (Read 3487 times)

Offline hawkwind

injector maps
« on: November 08, 2007, 01:34:53 AM »
G'day blokes , Im after some assistance , my latest project is almost complete but I have hit a snag , I have converted an old school Kawasaki over to EFI and as most are aware of my build philosphy cheap,cheaper and cheapest ,Im using an old school ECU as well ,a haltech F9 fuel only , I have approached the manufacturer in the hope of procuring some sort of base map as a starting point but they are either not interested in supporting old ecu's or cannot supply a base map for my application , they said my tuner would have to suffice and produce some sort of map ,my tuner when approached and asked ,turned a shade of grey ,dissapeared for several minutes and returned with a cross, garlic and some holy water thrust them in my general direction and said begone , he will only tune it provided I can bring the bike in and it can start and run even if its very rough .
So now Im between a rock and a hard place ,is there some formula/s I can use to compute the injector pulses in milliseconds to produce some sort of base map ?
cheers
gary
slower than most

Offline wolcottjl

Re: injector maps
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 07:27:07 AM »
If you give me displacement, number of cylinders, injector size, type of injector (low or high impedence) I can probably come up with a map using the startup wizard in my old Electromotive Software.
Joel Wolcott
Moving to 2 wheels in 2010

Offline hitz

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 11:12:26 AM »
gary,

I beleive you can find some information that might help you here. Page 29 may be a good place to start. This is for an older Tech II, and I beleive it may have a sample map chart. If you ever buy a new ECU be sure and check their web site. They are good people and will even help on their older products.

http://www.directignition.com/pdf_files/tec99.pdf

If you have problems send me a PM

harvey

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 07:31:49 PM »
You can also go to www.efi101.com  there is a Haltech section in the forum as well as general info. If you have any idea about power levels, is pretty easy (don't have the formulas at hand) with injector flows to calculate the PW.
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline maj

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 08:17:32 PM »
Gary there is a guy here http://www.oz951.com/halforum/bbs/index.php
that can put together a basic map , and does so often on the haltech s