Author Topic: not just another wheel on a stick  (Read 89244 times)

Offline willieworld

Re: not just another wheel on a stick
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2008, 04:09:59 PM »
hay sum  as you know we race at el mirage and there is a piont system there for start position and for year end points champion it is a great system as it gives everyone incentive to do better and get an earlier start position it does have its drawback though if you want to finish high in points (and 1 through 25 get to run that number the next year) you need to do good at every meet (6 in all) i tried really hard and finished 9th overall (3rd in bike) so in may my start position is 9th --june on is up to your points ---anyway if you try to set 6 records (6 events) you have to run in 2 or 3 classes --the frame class has to stay the same in order to accrue points for the points championship but not for starting position  --so i will try to run gas--fuel--blown gas and blown fuel this year or you could just break the same record iat all 6 events but i run WFO every pass so that would pretty hard hope to see you in may  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2008, 04:43:20 PM »
..........but i run WFO every pass so that would pretty hard hope to see you in may  willie buchta....

Well I admire you for the "WFO" deal. 

I won't see you until Speed Week unless you are coming here in May.....that would be fine.  I'm thinking the only El Mirage I'll see this year will be in November.  I'll be there to take your picture when you are #1, unless of course if Sheri beats you out  :evil:,

Sum

Offline willieworld

« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2008, 11:58:27 PM »
sum the guy that won # 1 in 07 broke a record at every event by about 16 mph hard to compete with a guy like that on my budget but i did have the time of my life and met some really fine folks  thanks willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2008, 12:00:17 AM »
sum the guy that won # 1 in 07 broke a record at every event by about 16 mph hard to compete with a guy like that on my budget but i did have the time of my life and met some really fine folks  thanks willie buchta

And he is not going to go away this year either...........

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2008, 12:06:44 AM »

I've heard that he has disguised himself and now looks like a guy running a Harley with a white fairing from Kent   :-o,

Sum

Offline John Noonan

• 306 200+ mph time slips. 252 mph on a dirtbike
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2008, 05:37:30 PM »

I've heard that he has disguised himself and now looks like a guy running a Harley with a white fairing from Kent   :-o,

Sum

Actually I heard that two guys put a Busa engine in the front of a car :-o

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2008, 07:32:41 PM »

Sum

Actually I heard that two guys put a Busa engine in the front of a car :-o

I heard that as well.........I think I saw the driver the other day to.......

Offline willieworld

« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »
OK....
Sooo, I'm hooked. Had way to much fun this weekend.
First pass, just a trial pass. Rode through some rough patches to see how she would handle it. Studied the course and all that goes on around it - First rookie pass was 81 and I was comfortable with the bike.
Second rookie pass was 95.000 this run was terrible. I felt rushed in line and I just wasn't ready for the run. This run was the first run with the nitrous. When I hit the switch for the nitrous I also hit the switch which turns the gas off....oh oh. Ran out of gas just before the finish line and I shut her down. While waiting on Willie to pick me up I noticed the gas was already off..uh oh! Well I am learning from trial and error. Thank God the jets weren't too big. Started her up and we were amazed that she sounded fine and we didn't think that there was any damage.
Went back to camp and decided to run her one more time. Now I have a new respect for all the people who race. It seemed like I was standing on the surface of the sun. 3 cars back and ready to go, Willie shoved me in the truck for a little air conditioning. Now, this is first on my list for things to keep checked
and in good running order. Anyways, off the line was ok, going through the gears was ok, hitting the nitrous(without turning off the gas)was awesome. I loved the ride, I loved seeing everybody, yes yes yes I'm hooked. The bike ran 106.173, still in the rookie lane. June I come out of the closet. No more rookie runs for me.
Special thanks to Scott Gregory and Paula for coming through for me and loaning me Scott's leathers until I find a pair that fit me. Special thanks to Nick and Connie for opening their motor home to us for shelter from the wind on Thursday(not to mention a bathroom for those who have to squat). Special thanks to all the volunteers who work so hard to make this all possible. Special thanks to Mike and Patty Brewer and Jerry and Lynne DeGraw who support us through this "Still crazy after all these years mentality". Special thanks to Eric Ross for staying late and helping us pack up after my little accident(Don't want to go there).A very Special thanks to Willie for building this bike for me, Honey you know I love you. Well I could go on and on but I will just say this, Special thanks to all, who are a better part of my life.
See ya all in June.
Love Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2008, 01:45:40 PM »
OK....
Sooo, I'm hooked. Had way to much fun this weekend.
First pass, just a trial pass. Rode through some rough patches to see how she would handle it. Studied the course and all that goes on around it - First rookie pass was 81 and I was comfortable with the bike.
Second rookie pass was 95.000 this run was terrible. I felt rushed in line and I just wasn't ready for the run. This run was the first run with the nitrous. When I hit the switch for the nitrous I also hit the switch which turns the gas off....oh oh. Ran out of gas just before the finish line and I shut her down. While waiting on Willie to pick me up I noticed the gas was already off..uh oh! Well I am learning from trial and error. Thank God the jets weren't too big. Started her up and we were amazed that she sounded fine and we didn't think that there was any damage.
Went back to camp and decided to run her one more time. Now I have a new respect for all the people who race. It seemed like I was standing on the surface of the sun. 3 cars back and ready to go, Willie shoved me in the truck for a little air conditioning. Now, this is first on my list for things to keep checked
and in good running order. Anyways, off the line was ok, going through the gears was ok, hitting the nitrous(without turning off the gas)was awesome. I loved the ride, I loved seeing everybody, yes yes yes I'm hooked. The bike ran 106.173, still in the rookie lane. June I come out of the closet. No more rookie runs for me.
Special thanks to Scott Gregory and Paula for coming through for me and loaning me Scott's leathers until I find a pair that fit me. Special thanks to Nick and Connie for opening their motor home to us for shelter from the wind on Thursday(not to mention a bathroom for those who have to squat). Special thanks to all the volunteers who work so hard to make this all possible. Special thanks to Mike and Patty Brewer and Jerry and Lynne DeGraw who support us through this "Still crazy after all these years mentality". Special thanks to Eric Ross for staying late and helping us pack up after my little accident(Don't want to go there).A very Special thanks to Willie for building this bike for me, Honey you know I love you. Well I could go on and on but I will just say this, Special thanks to all, who are a better part of my life.
See ya all in June.
Love Sheri Buchta

Great report and it sounds like you had way too much fun.  I'm happy for you and Willie of course.  You guys make a great team, husband and wife combo and are both lucky to have one another.

c ya in August and by the way I'm hooked and I haven't even done it yet,

Sum

Offline willieworld

« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2008, 01:48:20 PM »
Hey Sumner, missed you this weekend. It will be great to see you on the salt.

Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Harold Bettes

• Firebase High Country
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2008, 05:53:53 PM »
Willie and Sheri, :-D

Glad to read your report and that you guys had a good weekend. 8-)

Hope to meet you guys some time on the salt as the likelihood of my getting to Mirage is pretty slim. :lol:

Remember that any meet that you come back with all the pieces that you left with is a good one. :roll:

Regards,
HB2 :-)
If it was easy, everybody would be doing it.

As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #176 on: June 27, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »
we are back from the june --we tried some new stuff that didnt seem to work although the bike ran great her first pass we had some mechanical problems  --after her second pass she said " i have good news and bad news the bad news is i forgot to turn on the nos the good news is i know now that i can break the gas record"  what could i say     any way hope to see you all in july  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #177 on: June 28, 2008, 01:42:03 AM »
we are back from the june --we tried some new stuff that didnt seem to work although the bike ran great her first pass we had some mechanical problems  --after her second pass she said " i have good news and bad news the bad news is i forgot to turn on the nos the good news is i know now that i can break the gas record"  what could i say     any way hope to see you all in july  willie buchta

Willie,

Thanks for the great food and better friendship at the June meet, see you on Friday before the meet..

John & Michelle..

Offline willieworld

« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2008, 02:31:31 AM »
thanks to you to john for droping all of your stuff and trying to locate parts for my broke bike you missed a great beef stew saturday night --saturday night in july sherri is makeing her famous pot roast and noodles and a cheese zucchini you and yours are welcome   thanks again  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline John Noonan

« Reply #179 on: June 28, 2008, 02:33:03 AM »
thanks to you to john for droping all of your stuff and trying to locate parts for my broke bike you missed a great beef stew saturday night --saturday night in july sherri is makeing her famous pot roast and noodles and a cheese zucchini you and yours are welcome   thanks again  willie buchta

See you two there... :mrgreen: