Author Topic: not just another wheel on a stick  (Read 89246 times)

Offline sheribuchta

Re: not just another wheel on a stick
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2008, 11:41:27 PM »
bob im going to try and make it to BUB this year with a new bike  i have so much to do i just finished sheris bike today --we still have to take it apart paint reassemble wire and plumb  you know how that goes--thinking about building a kneeler much more aero than my open bike just not to sure of the rules  hope to see you there   willie buchta

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2008, 02:05:17 AM »
Well she's been torn down and we're getting ready to paint. Yipeeeee. Here's some pics just before we tore her down.
Sheri Buchta

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2008, 02:06:09 AM »
A couple of more pics

Sheri Buchta

Offline Reverend Hedgash

« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2008, 06:20:27 PM »
This has got to be one of my favorite bike projects (up there with yours Hawkwind!).

I love the mean simplicity and attitude of both of the bikes.

Also the fact they are similar but not the same.

Excellent stuff, congratulations on a job nearly complete.

Reverend Hedgash

bak189

« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2008, 08:44:19 PM »
Looking great, Willie..........................................

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »
thanks everyone  --bob how do i find the rules for a sidecar for the BUB event  thanks  willie

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #141 on: March 11, 2008, 09:43:40 PM »
Willie:

You are truly an artist.

Pete

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2008, 12:49:10 AM »
Hey all,
Got everything back from the painter today. Had a couple of hours to work on the bike so here she is coming together...Oh yeah, the model is my darling little Madison. Our next generation of land speed racers.

Enjoy Sheri Buchta

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2008, 11:42:51 AM »
Willie and Sheri----It was so great to meet you guys and put a face with a name, at the GG banquet this past weekend!!!!!!

What an awsome experience!!!!!!  To see a lot of the cars from the early days I read about in hot rod magazine as a kid growing up on a farm-ranch in Texas.  Then to top it off---to the hear stories of the variousGGs  from the forties and early fifties. Just to be in the same room with the NAMES---some original---some kids--and some grands and greatgrands. 
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2008, 12:05:50 PM »
Hey Sparky,
Ditto...We feel humbled sometimes when we go to the functions because of some of the people who are there. Life is funny that way. Willie and I were looking at some of the stuff in the museum. We used to live about three miles from Fremont drag strip in Fremont, Ca. We seen most of those drag racing cars race at Fremont drag strip.
Hope to see you in the dirt in May.
Sheri Buchta

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2008, 11:41:49 PM »
progress...
The third day didn't get much done. Had to take my little Madison to the dentist but things seem to be falling together just right. Eric will be here on Saturday and bringing parts for his bike so I have to get as much done as possible before than. Willie is also building a frame for an '04 roadking but he said he won't send some pics because its the ugliest thing he's ever built.

Sheri Buchta

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2008, 04:24:52 PM »
.......... Willie is also building a frame for an '04 roadking but he said he won't send some pics because its the ugliest thing he's ever built. Sheri Buchta

He might not want to mention that to the owner until after he has been paid  8-)

You guys are making nice progress,

Sum

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2008, 01:11:45 AM »
More progress..this is good!!
She's on the ground and looking good. Still alot to do but we're getting there. And yes I was having a bad day.....

Sheri Buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2008, 01:56:31 AM »
Seats done...I think Willie has done an incredible job. The last pic kinda speaks for itself. Couldn't resist that final touch.  :roll:
Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline sheribuchta

« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2008, 11:46:42 PM »
Hello All
Got some more work done on the bike today. Cleaned the gasket surfaces, checked the end gap on the rings, honed the cylinder, assembled the piston and cylinder. We just got the head left which Willie has to drill for a second spark plug. Hopefully that will be done tommorrow. Here are a few pics.
Willie made me wash the parts in hot soapy water. Just can't stay out of the kitchen.

Sheri