Author Topic: not just another wheel on a stick  (Read 89245 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: not just another wheel on a stick
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »
Z Custom Leathers, in Huntington Beach CA, made our suits.  Nancy's was pretty basic, with three colors and some graphics and her name.  About $800.  Mine have built-in hard armor, an aero hump, three colors, lots of lettering, and cost about $1500.  Both are two-piece, metal zippers throughout, minimal perforations -- legal for both SCTA/BNI and ECTA.

The fit is about as good as one could possibly get.  Let's see if I can find a photo. . .

Yeah, here's one.  It shows the jackets -- the pants are simple one-color.  Good price for multi-color and our choice of pattern for the colors.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline willieworld

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2007, 12:10:01 AM »
Well hello there. Got some more pics of my bike and one of Willies. While I was out there taking pics I heard him mumble something about... thermal nuclear devise.. Mushroom cloud...and an A license. Not sure what he was talking about??? Probably don't wanna know  :-o
Anyhow, here are a few pics of my new front wheel and tire and the rear wheel and tire and a rear brake caliper bracket and some mess that Willie has going.

Happy Holidays.

Oh yeah, Eric thanks for coming down and spending a couple of days with us. Hope you had a good time. Since your off for a week won't you come back up. It's just a short little drive.
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2007, 12:11:17 AM »
Here are the other two pics.
Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline V8Pinto

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2007, 12:01:44 PM »
Dang Willie, where'd ya learn to weld like that?  Nice beads.

My welds look like somebody gooped a glob of goop on a piece of metal and said "there that looks good". hahaha
Shane
V8 Pinto on juice
Hayabusa on the brain
Twin-Turbo F150 4x4

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2007, 05:56:14 AM »
Hi Sheri I know what the mushroom cloud that Willie was mumbling about was It was probably all the nitrous Questions I have been bombarding him with, I am suprised he has time to work on your bike,Which by the way looks absolutley spot on you have a very highly skilled craftsman there.
TTFN OZ
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

madisons_gramma

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2007, 06:32:25 PM »
Thanks Oz   I think he's pretty talented too...

Sheri :roll:

Offline willieworld

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2007, 01:47:21 AM »
I have some more pics. One is the harley speedo drive on a Yamaha wheel. The other is a microswitch on the carb to activate the nitrous at full throtle. The other is a coil mount and the shifter assembly. Willie had some time today to do these. Enjoy.

Happy holidays Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year....

Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2007, 02:37:02 AM »
Hi Willie/Sheri I was just looking at the pic of your rearsets i thought I read somewhere about pegs having to be 6" from the rear spindle is that not the case anyway nice job!
TTFN OZ
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline willieworld

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2007, 11:52:16 AM »
Hi Oz in modified they have to be 6 inches in front of the rear axle..In A they footrests must be provided and the location is optional.
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2007, 11:57:26 AM »
Here are a couple more pics   one is of the voltage regulator mount and one is of the coil mount.
Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

bak189

« Reply #70 on: December 20, 2007, 12:15:37 PM »
If it is a "sidecar" the location of the foot-pegs...
makes no diff............we have no foot-pegs..... only kneeler trays on our outfit.........so far (hopefully it will stay that way) sidecar rules have been left fairly open......................................................................

Offline willieworld

« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2007, 03:43:47 PM »
scta rules for sidecar are --motorcycle can be of conventional solo with attached sidecar or SPECIAL CONSTRUCTION  chassis with intergral or attached sidecar --my bike  is purpose built (  special construction )  and must meet tha special construction rules (with a few exceptions ) and must meet all of the sidecar rules ( no exceptions)   thank  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2007, 02:50:04 AM »
Just wondered thats all, as I miss read the rules wish i hadnt as I would have mounted mine further back!
Dyslexia Scuks!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2007, 09:19:21 AM »
Oz, most of us read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, re-read, and re-read the rules to figure out what is and isn't required in which class, mixing between altered, modified, sidecar and whatever is as tough as it gets. 
"Nothing is simple in the bike rules" (probably Jack)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline willieworld

« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
Have some more pics for all to see. Yes he even works on Christmas. We have one of the Air cleaner, one of the fork stops and one of the foot controls and brake. Hope that everybody is having a wonderful Christmas.

Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta