Author Topic: not just another wheel on a stick  (Read 89242 times)

Offline willieworld

Re: not just another wheel on a stick
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2007, 12:05:32 AM »
Hello All,

Got some more pics yesterday. Not much done but alot of welding. Starting to look like a mini-me. Ordered the rear tire today. Bike on hold till we get it. Lots of other projects for him to catch up on till then.

Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2007, 12:07:36 AM »
More pics.

Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2007, 12:11:54 AM »
And a couple more. Also have a couple of pics of a frame that Willie built for a friend of his that will be racing next year on Nitro methane and alchohol. DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON.
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2007, 12:15:22 AM »
Another pic of mine 
Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2007, 11:16:11 PM »

It took some coaxing, but I finally got Willie away from the computer long enough to get the oil tank done and the gas tank all tacked together(don't even go there Sum). There is also a couple of pics of a 120 inch motor, six speed transmission in the frame jig for a frame that Willie is building for Eric Ross.

Enjoy  Sheri Buchta
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 11:19:47 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline frogpirate

• Ken Morton Vancouver, WA, USA
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2007, 07:13:16 PM »
That oil tank is the shiznit! Nice work Willie.

Question; is that gas tank high ehough for gavity feed, or is there going to be a pump in the system? Looks great!

Ken
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

Offline willieworld

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2007, 07:57:51 PM »
The oil tank is a piece of curved exhaust pipe tubing from a diesel truck. The gas tank material is rather thick, because last year we had some gas tank cracking problems. One at Bonneville and I still owe Tim Billington for letting me use his tig welder. Thanks Tim. The bottom of the gas tank is the same height as the top of the float bowl. The gas tank is going to have two outlets. One for the carb and the other for the nitrous fuel pump. The gas tank holds 3/4 of a gallon. Willie's bike holds a gallon and 1/8 and he can make two passes at Bonneville so I should be fine. We mounted the gas tank low for some reasons that will become obvious later on in the build(we hope).
Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 04:15:06 PM »
frogpirate  would like to see some pics of that b-last    willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline frogpirate

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2007, 04:39:58 PM »
Uhh, so far it exists only on paper. :O Well, except for a MegaSquirt that we've started on. As soon we get started RealSoonNow(tm) I'll get some pictures posted.

I'm driving over to Idaho on Sunday to look at a prospect bike. The wife is not real keen, since I haven't got the Goldwing that is funding this project sold yet, but on the other hand she hasn't said No either.

Ken
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

Offline willieworld

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2007, 04:58:27 PM »
hey frogpirate   what class will u be running in

Willie
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline frogpirate

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2007, 06:40:29 PM »
If everything goes as planned - and I make no promises - 650cc M-PBG.

bak189

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2007, 06:52:07 PM »
Hey... Willie and Sheri.......looking good..............
You do nice work Willie........................................

Just a small reminder if and when you all plan to race BUB in 2008...........you already have a cover for the inside of the chair wheel....BUT the rules
say " A shield must cover the sidecar wheel AND
TIRE on the inside of the passenger platform"
even if you run ballast....(SCTA/BNI only requires a wheel cover)

Offline willieworld

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2007, 08:29:02 PM »
thanks bob -as soon as i get through with sheris bike i am going to redo my bike --when i built it i didnt know anything about land speed racing -- after racing all year i think ive learned a couple of things --next year sheri and i will have 6 races at el mirage and 2 at bonneville --this year we went to bub we just jumped on my street bike and went to watch--if it is within my budget i would love to come and try for that fastest sidecar money --maybe ill hit the lotto between now and then-----------willie  buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2007, 12:51:30 AM »
Willie got a couple of hours to work on the bike. He finished the gas tank and mounted the solenoids for the nitrous and the gas. We got a new camera so hopefully the pics will come out better. Hope you enjoy.

Willie and Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »
Willie got a couple of hours to work on the bike. He finished the gas tank and mounted the solenoids for the nitrous and the gas. We got a new camera so hopefully the pics will come out better. Hope you enjoy.

Willie and Sheri Buchta

The pics and the construction looks great.  Only one small problem, if you plan on running at BUB and get to the long course they run to the 6 mile  .

On a more serious note, I'm about ready to make a gas tank and I'm wondering if you use anything (coating) on the inside when done or do you just leave it alone.

Thanks,

Sum   

P.S.  Glad you set us straight on how to pronounce the last name.  I've lost a lot of sleep over that one.  I'll probably loose more worrying that I'll forget by the next time I see you guys