Author Topic: not just another wheel on a stick  (Read 89243 times)

Offline willieworld

not just another wheel on a stick
« on: November 03, 2007, 02:06:23 AM »
Hello  My name is Sheri and my husband started racing at El Mirage and Bonneville this year his name is Willie Buchta. He is racing in the 1000cc SC-PG and 1000cc SC-PF. He has set a few records and is doing pretty damn good, so good, he has given me the incentive to race a bike of my own.He will be doing most of the build(he said that all I have to do is sit back and look pretty). Soooo, here are some pics of my build(thanks to all of those out there that helped us out with our demise on uploading). Oh yeah, I will be racing a Buell Be-last in the 500cc 650cc and 750cc SC-PG and SC-PF classes. Looking forward to racing. I have met some of the best people the past year and can't wait to be a part of it all.I will post the pics as the work is done. We will also keep a tab on the cost and the time it takes for those of you who are curious.

Thanks...Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
Re: not just another wheel on a stick
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 03:25:26 AM »
Its kinda addictive this racing lark aint it, its nice to know that frames are still built by one guy in a garage with a bag of skill in one hand and a welding torch in the other,Good luck and maybe see you on the salt in a year or so.
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:31:31 AM »
Sheri,

I think you found the right guy to build you a bike! I was fortunate enough to have met the both of you a few El Mirage races back and Willie is a true craftsman. I look forward to seeing the progress.

Scott
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:47:50 AM by isiahstites »

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 11:56:21 AM »
Wow, neat build pictures.  Make sure you keep posting them.  I guess I should start putting names on the the work I put in the lathe too. 

Now that we've seen the bearded half of the team are we going to get to meet the rider also??

Welcome to landracing.com and I hope to meet you guys this next year,

Sum

Offline frogpirate

• Ken Morton Vancouver, WA, USA
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 12:19:52 AM »
Oh boy, another B-last build! Maybe I'm not a crazy as I think I am. Err.. well, you know. Please keep posting pictures Willie.

Ken
"On the other hand, with a single thumper, run it till the valves float, then SHIFT." Dean Los Angles

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 06:02:19 AM »
sheri
why does willie have that "you shouldnt see me doing this " look on his face in the 3rd pix..?..... could it be cuz of all those fishin poles collectin dust hangin up on the wall..?... willie, willie, willie,..... wern't you listnin to your teacher way back in 3rd grade when they tought you to "never" let a good fishin pole collect dust..?....we might have to have an intervention here.... hey Sum.,..stop workin on your lakester, drop your tools and go over and show willie how to goof off...lol
kent

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 09:58:14 AM »
I just sorta felt "reedeemed"  seeing all of the "other stuff" stacked around---I am going to have to get a tubing bender though.  I relly look forward to following the build.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 12:36:58 PM »
We will also keep a tab on the cost and the time it takes for those of you who are curious.

I kept a cost and time log, but NO ONE will ever see it, meaning the significant other! I did a SWAG (Note 1) before I started and as you can imagine, the budget was closer to double and the time . . . you know.

Note 1: WAG and SWAG are cousins. WAG is the usual Wild Ass Guess. SWAG is the much better Scientific Wild Ass Guess.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline firemanjim

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »
Sheri,one of our cohorts did a Blast w/sidecar several years back,was a nice looking rig.
http://www.teamelves.com/Events/2003_event/galleries/German/pages/DSCN5739.html

My business/racing partner is a pretty good Blast engine guy if you need any help.
Bonneville 2001,2002,2003,2004,and NO stinking 2005,DLRA 2006, next?
Well,sure can't complain about 2008--6 records over 200 and 5 hats from Bonneville,Bubs, and El Mirage for the team!

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 06:54:07 PM »
Dean, I am with you,,,
years ago---I had a Cessna 185----when I figured my taxes--I realized I could have chartered a Lear Jet for less than it had cost me to go everywher I did---I promised myself that never again would I EVER EVER add up what a TOY cost me---I can either Play or I can't---no need to make oneself miserable about what one is doing to have FUN..I have had to quit before and I am sure that I will again---or change the game!!!!!!!!!!lol
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline willieworld

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 01:02:43 AM »
Hello All,
Here is the motor that we are putting in the bike. We bought a buell that was wrecked for 800.00 and we are going to use the motor, the battery, the voltage regulator and the master cylinders(both front and rear). We sold some other parts off of the bike for 200.00. Looks like a perfect fit...

Sheri Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 01:26:20 AM »
Day two and the frame is starting to take shape.
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline willieworld

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 01:32:52 AM »
Kent
Willie has no time for fishing. The only lake he will be visiting in the near future is El Mirage...Maybe 2009??? LSR records first.
Sheri
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2007, 09:57:08 AM »
Kent
Willie has no time for fishing. The only lake he will be visiting in the near future is El Mirage...Maybe 2009??? LSR records first.
Sheri

At the rate he is building that I hope you have an approved helmet.  You might be riding the bike this weekend at El M,

Sum

bak189

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2007, 10:37:10 AM »
Looks good.....Sheri, would you ask Willie....why so much trail?????........................................................