Author Topic: rookie stuff  (Read 7293 times)

Offline willieworld

rookie stuff
« on: October 27, 2007, 10:51:47 PM »
can my friend run at el mirage in nov. as a guest and get his rookie thing out of the way --and can he get a license and upgrade it as a guest  thanks  willie buchta  349b
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: rookie stuff
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:20:55 PM »
The rookie thing happens no matter who you are or what your previous credentials. If Jeff Gordon wanted to run he would be line next to your buddy.

License requires SCTA membership. The wording is a little weird.

1.M Driver Licensing
Licensing requirements are: a current and valid driver's license, a SCTA driver's license, and a timing slip for the next higher category verified by the official starter.

I guess they mean SCTA membership. I have no idea what an SCTA driver's license might be.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:08:15 PM »
Yeah I know about the rookie thing at Bonneville and El Mirage I've been to seven races this year. My license says Southern California Timing Association on it. I know my friend can run as a guest. As a rookie his first pass has to be under 150. His bike will probably run faster then that so won't he need a license to upgrade past 150. Or are they going to let him run between 150 - 175 with no license? C'mon its a simple question. Is he going to get a license or not?
Willie Buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:05:24 PM »
SCTA has a provision for limited guest entries at El Mirage.
On the Salt , their is a requirement to be at least a BNI member.
SCTA membership is not required.
Both are independent of the licencing requirement and required of all drivers , regardless of their membership status. :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

dwarner

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 09:17:33 AM »
Willie,

He has to run out of the rookie line, must attend the rookie orientation meeting(not in that order).
Rookie line run has to be under 150. First license upgrade is from 125 to 150. Send him to see me, you know where I am located because you have been over there at least twice.

No discrimation between members and guests.

DW

Offline Sumner

• Global Moderator
  • Blanding, Ut..a small dot in the middle of nowhere
    • http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/sumnerindex.html
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 10:52:21 AM »
.................... As a rookie his first pass has to be under 150. His bike will probably run faster then that so won't he need a license to upgrade past 150. Or are they going to let him run between 150 - 175 with no license? C'mon its a simple question. Is he going to get a license or not?
Willie Buchta

From what I read, yes, he will be able to run between 150-175 after he successfully completes his rookie pass under 150, if that is what you are asking,

Sum

Offline willieworld

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 04:48:25 PM »
Dan 
He's already been through rookie orientation at the last meet. He didn't get to run because event was shut down. Does he have to go through rookie orientation again? If he does that's not a problem because my wife needs to go through it too.
Thanks Willie
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

dwarner

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 09:32:26 PM »
Its a good idea. As you know the course and conditions vary month to month.

DW

Offline willieworld

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 10:54:53 PM »
thanks  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 11:25:40 AM »
Along the same vein -- Nancy and I go through the rookie orientation at Maxton once a year, at least, even if we aren't planning on running that weekend.  At Bonneville we usually ride down the course before runs start -- to freshen our memories of what's what.

Training is cheaper than having a surprise come up and bite you on the butt - while at speed.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline willieworld

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 02:40:06 PM »
o k guys this is what happened -my friend ran as a guest last weekend --he went through rookie orientation on friday--ran saturday between 125 and 150 had his time ticket signed and got his D license --was going to run between 150 and 175 sunday meet was called

willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta