Author Topic: Our October Report  (Read 2620 times)

Offline Warp12

Our October Report
« on: October 25, 2007, 11:10:49 AM »
Well, the final Maxton event of the year has come and gone. We managed to achieve our small goal of attending each event. Most of the year was spent getting Racheal up to speed, and it really worked out well. Maybe next year I can focus a bit more on improving my skills...I have a long way to go!

Here are some pics Racheal took while waiting in the staging lanes

Working on my tuck (bike is being held up by Rich Yancy...owner and builder of the 260 mph 'Busa that runs at Maxton....Thanks Rich!):

Me admiring the new 'Busa, which is next to Racheal's bike:

More of the new 'Busa:

Deb getting ready for a run:

Todd on his machine:

We had good luck with our speeds. I had hoped for 185 on motor, but came up short with 181.79. Racheal, on the other hand, surpassed her goal of 180 on the Gixxer, eventually hitting 182.7. Not bad for a 2003 1000, huh!?

I was feeling confident about Racheal's ability to handle the bike, so I decided to give her a run on my 12R. After a little scary wheelie, she got on it hard and trapped at 189.1 on the rpm limiter in 6th gear. I didn't think we would be able to go any faster, as we were running out of time.

One of the other racers happened to have a smaller rear sprocket he offered. So after a frantic run to the pits (and some spaz-like behavior getting there), we were able to get the sprocket on the bike by about 1:45 pm (runs stop at 2 pm). In fact, her last run came at 1:54 pm!

So, one final run. She rolled through the traps at 193.1 mph...the fastest she and my bike have ever been. You can't beat that.

It was a long hectic weekend for everyone. We had 6 wheel swaps alone between our two bikes. I had wanted to mount up nitrous on my bike, but I chose to get some badly needed practice runs instead. I didn't even break for oil changes, which had me more than a little nervous as both bikes oil had about 20 drag passes each and 30 Maxton runs on them by the end of the event.

I'd like to to take this time to offer my thanks to everyone who helped out this season, and the many new friends we made, just to name a few : Deb, Todd, Al, Many EBC regulars, Ali, the Ace guys, the Snart folks, Nickelcity racing, Bill Warner's crew, and all of the other great people we met at Maxton and MIR....really too many to name! A very special thanks to all of the volunteers!!!!

It was fun, and we are already looking forward to next season!

Shane
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 11:20:33 AM by Warp12 »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Our October Report
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 04:50:48 PM »
Warp, how's the visibility out the top of the helmet?  Yea, mine sucks too...  good Pics and comments, thanks.  Enjoyed the pics of Todd and Deb
Good to see ya back on the horse Deb, how'd you do?
Todd, nice scooter, was it the angle or have you tried it with the front fender rotated level with the road
Looks like everyone was having fun...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:01:27 PM »
I did pretty good. I topped out with two 192 runs. I was in need of a sprocket change but just didn't get the chance to do it. So a little disappointed cause I think I could have pulled a little bit more but that will just give me something to shoot for next year. My goal was to break 190 so all in all I'm happy. I got a lot of advice & help from DaveO this time out which helped me with the basics and clarified a lot for me so I definitely left the track feeling good. The execution of my runs was a lot more solid and a good basis to move forward. I was really nervous running this weekend for some reason. More so then the first time I went back after the wreck. Sometimes it's just hard to shake the fact that you thought you knew what you were doing once and wrecked anyway!

Todd managed to capture two records out of 3 runs so we're real happy about the ironhead's yearly pilgrimage to the track! Good catch on the fender. There's a reason for that, but I can divulge as it's top secret information! hehehe

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline Freud

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 10:09:52 PM »
Good job, Deb.

Ya gotta keep some secrets from those inquiring advisories.

FREUD
oh ya, Todd ya done good also. You have to be tolerant because Deb
will likely beat you w/frequency and you can not bark back.
You will lose in more than one way ifin u do.
Since '63

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:01 PM »

Todd managed to capture two records out of 3 runs so we're real happy about the ironhead's yearly pilgrimage to the track! Good catch on the fender. There's a reason for that, but I can divulge as it's top secret information! hehehe

Deb

Dang, I only wanted to steal 1 little speed secret... you know how we are, anything to get a little extra MPH.  :-D
Congratulations on hitting and exceeding goals Deb, to be real honest, after I spun the car at 220, it took about 10 runs to clear the butterflies, that is more than a couple of years of passes. 
Todd, congrats on your records with the old iron head, my 57 has never been very fast; it starts to wander at about 80...
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline revolutionary

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:42:35 AM »
That orange paint on the new busa looked realllly nice in the sunlight out there.
Breaking Wind #9614
  ECTA Record AA/BGALT 214.8
  SCTA Bonneville PB AA/BGALT 237.4
Breaking Wind "Spirit of Effluvium" #451
  SCTA Bonneville Record SC/BF100 48.931