Author Topic: October Meet and THANKS  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Dan Stokes

October Meet and THANKS
« on: October 23, 2007, 12:17:40 AM »
This was, indeed, a great meet.  Evidently, gone forever are the days of "light" attendance at any of the 5 race dates - this was probably as big as the Top Speed Challenge!  (I haven't seen the actual numbers).

Congrats to all the racers this year, and especially the points champs, and runners up - (Terry's #2 in points, I'm #6 (I think) - mostly luck on my part!).  The first 3 in motorcyle points are all the same guy - Tom Schaeffer.  Goes to show what happens if you read and understand the rulebook!

Of course, I now get to thank, as always, our WONDERFUL corps of volunteers, without whom none of the vehicles would make any runs.  No names - there are just too many and I don't want to leave anyone out.  THANKS to ALL!

Later
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer

Offline TURBO KING

Re: October Meet and THANKS
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 11:40:31 AM »
Thanks Dan and everyone else-Tonya, Donna, Keith, Joe, Al & everyone else.

Thsi certainly FELT like the most crowded meet ever.  I only got 3 runs in on Saturday!

The pre-stage idea was great.  It was getting very confusing at the start lines with all the long lines.

Walt
RCC Super Ultra Kit
Harry's Case/Head Mods
Built, tuned, ridden and owned by me
635 honest rwhp, capable of more
244 mph at Maxton
Top Speed Overall Maxton 2007
Winner 2007 Super Streetbike Magazine Top Speed Shootout
Thanks Richard P, DaveO, Rick S

Offline Dan Stokes

Re: October Meet and THANKS
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 12:46:47 AM »
I suspect we'll need to implement pre-staging at most meets from here on.  I agree that it really helps keep things organized, and it'll be even better if I can get a radio that will let me communicate with the start line!  I went thru 2 different radios and couldn't talk to Mark, Al, or Marci, but I'm sure we'll work that out.

I also want to carry on from this thread and remind ALL that we're going to need more vols next year, especially as we do the pre-stage thing.  So please think about who you can recruit to come help - wives, girlfriends, both if you're brave or stupid, friends, relatives - please be creative.  We'd like to have enough that everyone can get a break and take pics, go to the bathroom, walk the pits, etc.  Right now, everyone is pretty much working all day, and we don't want to burn folks out. 

Thanks ALL
Dan
Wilmington, NC - by the sea

ECTA idiot, Bonneville volunteer