Poll

What is your opinion of developing new classes for NASCAR type cars?

Yes setup new classes for NASCAR type cars.
15 (25%)
No Need for New Classes they can run Time Only..
45 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: NASCAR cars and the SCTA.......  (Read 29197 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: NASCAR cars and the SCTA.......
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2007, 12:43:56 PM »
A quick view of the poll on this topic seems to indicate that 75% of the active racers do not want to see a NASCAR class. I can stop working on that now.

DW

Sounds good to me.

Tom G.
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2007, 01:05:43 PM »
A member of the San Diego Yacht Club can time a car to FIA standards and be every bit as valid to meet the requirements for a Guinness standards listing.
It is equal to the requirements to be listed as the "World's Tallest Midget."
Standing tall with that group must be suitably rewarding. :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline desotoman

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2007, 01:15:48 PM »
Standing tall with that group must be suitably rewarding. :roll:

Jack,

That is one of your best yet!   

Tom G.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

LittleLiner

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2007, 05:32:47 PM »
If a NASCAR type car wants to run for LSR records then they should tow to Maxton.  Many if not most of the Nascar Cup teams have their home garages within two hours of Maxton.  The classes exist there. (Circle Track - CT)  The track record holder for cars is a Busch car.  BTW, that record exceeds the WICKs effort at Bonneville (yeah, yeah, I know!  Maxton ain't the Salt but . . )   

Imagine what could happen if SCTA set up NASCAR classes. . . before you knew it there would be classes for pick-up trucks. . . . Ah? what's that you say?  There are already LSR classes for pick-up trucks!  What idiots came up with that one?

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2007, 05:37:06 PM »
I just got the exclusive Spring Rubber concession for SpeedWeek next Year!
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2007, 07:01:32 PM »
I just got the exclusive Spring Rubber concession for SpeedWeek next Year!
Well sorta, the check is in the mail to me now as I am told.
We are also having a clearance sale on NASCAR logo underwear.
They are not moving to fast at the regular oval tracks and we thought we would blow them out at Bonneville.
Money talks !
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

LVMAXX

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2007, 08:08:50 PM »
 :-D
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:54:26 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2007, 10:06:43 PM »
Re: recent posts on this topic. Guess I've been away- kinda like Floyd the Barber -

Jack's "Claimer" class sugestion sounds good,

Better we let NASCAR run their own show on the salt to allow "Bump-drafting" runs and demonstrations of what AERO PUSH is- I think Ron Hope  (among other roadster racers) knows!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline desotoman

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2007, 01:03:27 AM »
“””””WOW!!!!!”””””

We had no idea that there was this type of animosity towards the Nascar Cars in Land Speed Racing.

MAXX2RACING

Max,

I think you have missed the whole point. It is nothing against you or nascar racers, we just don't want anymore classes. You are more than welcome to come and race for Time Only, if your vehicle can pass tech. What is wrong with that? Don't be mad because you cannot race for a Red Hat. There are many people who race at Bonneville who will never ever get a Red Hat because of the class they chose to run in. I really don't understand where you are coming from. Just because you have a car you want to race, you expect us to form a class. Well it does not always work that way. Sorry. I wish you the best in whatever racing you decide to do.

Tom G.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2007, 04:05:08 AM »
I think I am going with that 90% thing and now realize they are too good for LSR.

NEXT ?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2007, 09:52:10 AM »
Max, if they give you a class, and then the 2 club sets the minimum at 290, will you still want to race a nascar vehicle? 
Yes, lots of people have "bought" their hat, lots have had their hat given to them by friends and family, but a lot of people have worked their way there a MPH at a time...
It doesn't matter to me if they make a class or not, but if you really want to race a nascar vehicle, and there a dozen like-minded folks out there, approach the USFRA to hold a nascar race during WOS.  They are a great group of folks to work with.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

LVMAXX

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2007, 10:35:51 AM »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:55:06 AM by LVMAXX »

dwarner

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2007, 12:16:17 PM »
Richard,

Why not contact John Davey and have the whole group present a united front to the other venues you eluded to.

DW

LVMAXX

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2007, 12:52:33 PM »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:55:46 AM by LVMAXX »

Offline RichFox

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »
Richard; You are not the first person to decide that the SCTA is not the right place for you, by a long shot. I don't think anybody hates you or your car. Why would they. But for you and others some other place seems easier to fit in with. Happer to have you. I find the USFRA to be a fine group and every bit the equal of any other origanization.