Author Topic: Motorcycle rules meeting  (Read 20669 times)

JohnR

Re: Motorcycle rules meeting
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 12:25:23 PM »
John, Mike, & Frank, I apologize to you for my previous post saying you did some stupid things.

Tom G.

Tom, I have spent the last 42 years (off and on) doing stupid things and find that they are usually the most enjoyable part of my day.

John

John@JE Pistons

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2007, 01:08:53 PM »
John, Mike, & Frank, I apologize to you for my previous post saying you did some stupid things.

Tom G.

Tom, I have spent the last 42 years (off and on) doing stupid things and find that they are usually the most enjoyable part of my day.

John

John,

Now that was funny.

J

Offline DahMurf

• 2006 Hayabusa Mutt
    • Twin Jugs Racing
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2007, 03:23:22 PM »
ok ok ok, you didn't think I'd be quiet on this one once I got caught up did you? I am the proud owner of 14 motorcycle ECTA Land Speed Records. Only one of them is above 70mph! The thing that stands out in my mind is why are we using todays speed limit of 70mph as the "minimum"? There are many places where 70mph is NOT the legal speed limit. How can you allow a vintage class and not use the accepted maximum speed limit for the time in which the bike/vehicle was manufactured as the "minimum"? I'm not THAT old & still remember when the maximum speed limit was 50mph. It makes no sense. Let the little bikes run on the bar stool racing track if it's that big of a deal! Heck, I tried to get them to let me start at the 1/4 or 1/2 mile mark on the little bikes just to not waste time! If that's really the way it's going to be then you might as well just get rid of the small vintage classes and anything under what, 250cc?

Yeah it's Land Speed racing but getting the most out of what you're running is a far more admirable feat then just a chosen minimum speed. I can run a Hayabusa to 180mph all day long, big deal, but running a 1300cc pushrod to 180mph IS a big deal. Lower the CC's & MPH and it's still the same.

Do we need to start having slow vehicle meets like they have 300mph + vehicle meets? There are a lot of days in the year for racing. How about a Vintage only meet, a sidecar only meet, a Hayabusa only meet, a Kawasaki only meet, (just for Glen) a naked meet. Surely there's more people out there like BUB that wouldn't mind running their own show.  :roll:

:-D

Deb
Miss you my friend :-* - #1302  Twin Jugs Racing
ECTA 200MPH club@202/Texas 200MPH club@209/Loring 200MPH club@218
                         Official body guard to the A.S.S. liner :lol:

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2007, 04:53:44 PM »
How about an ALL CURL meet ?
Fox Hunts make a lot more money than Wylie Coyote Hunts.
You could "RUN WHATCHA BRUNG" and with your choice of bikes too.
T-shirt sales would sky rocket and we could set Kaz up as the star of the dunk tank fliers .
Watdaya think Fern ? :wink:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."
"That horrible smell is dirty feet being held to the fire"

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2007, 05:05:51 PM »
Back on the subject - which, by the way is -  MOTORCYCLE RULES MEETING - thank God we can, I hope, with the rule meeting, get off the PARTIALLY STREAMLINED controversy FOREVERRR!

IB, we all agree, I just checked the OFFICIAL information website and still nothing concerning the PS interpretation or the reversal of it.   Yes Kent told me to put the fairing back together, but that was posted on the unofficial chat site.  Since the SCTA made such a big deal about being the only OFFICIAL information website, I've been watching for the reversal, clarification or anything that would lead a person to know what is happening....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2007, 06:09:37 PM »
For what it is worth, Kent is listed on the tech committee roster and attended the meeting at EM.
You probably just went to the one at Speedweek. :roll:
"I would rather lose going fast enough to win than win going slow enough to lose."

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2007, 06:13:35 PM »
Stainless
My unofficial comment on my interpatation of the tenitive new unpublished ruling will be finalized as soon as they feel like it….. Is that vague enough? I guess you can take it on good advice and glue it back together..
kent

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2007, 08:25:46 PM »
The only problem with slow entries is the length of time it takes to get down the course. Lets give them a short course so that they still keep with the 2 minutes per run. We won't need timing lights, just use a calendar.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Nortonist 592

• http://www.artfv.com/design/fashion/
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2007, 04:40:31 PM »
Regarding the proposed rule changes are we going to find out about them at the May 2008 meet or the June meet?
Get off the stove Grandad.  You're too old to be riding the range.

Offline JackD

• NOBODY'S FOOL
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2007, 05:23:29 PM »
Regarding the proposed rule changes are we going to find out about them at the May 2008 meet or the June meet?
Man, ya no that is a tough call.
Some haven't even absorbed the 2007 rules yet. :roll:

Offline sockjohn

« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »
I am the proud owner of 14 motorcycle ECTA Land Speed Records. Only one of them is above 70mph!

Deb

For some strange reason this is kind of impressive!  Was this an intentional effort or just "run what you had"?

But WHEN do we find out the rule changes?

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2007, 08:49:40 PM »

The rule change request submission date just passed. The proposed rules are submitted to the clubs for vote in late November if I remember right. The clubs pass the results to SCTA through the reps. The results are tabulated and the new rule book becomes official when it is printed in . . . March?

Usually Jon posts the new rules as soon as he gets wind of them. It was the 20th of December last year. Keep an eye on the main page. SCTA may get around to posting them about the same time, but I'm putting my money here.

JohnR

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2007, 08:58:42 PM »

The rule change request submission date just passed. The proposed rules are submitted to the clubs for vote in late November if I remember right. The clubs pass the results to SCTA through the reps. The results are tabulated and the new rule book becomes official when it is printed in . . . March?

Usually Jon posts the new rules as soon as he gets wind of them. It was the 20th of December last year. Keep an eye on the main page. SCTA may get around to posting them about the same time, but I'm putting my money here.

Actually, it works like this:

In November (or thereabouts) a draft of the proposed car rules are handed out to the car clubs. The clubs do with them as they see fit, it is assumed they decide thumbs up or down and tell their reps how to vote. In early December, a rules committee meeting is held where reps from each club as well as board reps and USFRA and a few others each have a vote.

Each rule is hashed out and may end up looking entirely different that the draft version. It is voted on one at a time. Once completed the rules are presented at the December board/reps meeting and presented to the board who has final approval.

On the M/C side, I don't know how it works except that usually in December or January a pack of proposed rules is presented to the board and voted on.

dwarner

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2007, 09:26:59 PM »
"It was the 20th of December last year"

Where do you think Jon gets the completed rules package?

DW

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2007, 11:50:07 PM »
Uh . . . . From DW? I new you'd straighten by butt out!