Author Topic: Production pickup  (Read 3044 times)

Offline RichFox

Production pickup
« on: October 19, 2007, 10:00:26 PM »
For some reason I have had the idea that Production Pickup had the same rule regarding engine swaps as GT. That is any Ford in a Ford any Chevy in a Chevy. IE a 348 in a '07 'Vett if that's what you want. Or a Packard V8 in a Studebaker Pickup since '56 Studebaker Golden Hawks had Packard built motors in them. But I don't see any such rule anywhere I look in the rule book. have I been wrong all this time?

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Production pickup
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 10:16:06 PM »
Rich,  I "THINK" the rule book several years back said that PU's were considered to run under the coupe and sedan rules---but now that they have their own NA and Blown classes, as well as Mod. NA and blown--- they no longer referenc that.
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

dwarner

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:15:53 PM »
Modified Pickups are governed by Gas Coupe rules, page 65. Production Pickups are governed by Production rules, page 73.

DW

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 11:46:50 PM »
Don't know why I had that idea. Maybe instead of a pickup I'll work on the 348 in the vett deal.

Offline Dynoroom

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 12:46:11 AM »
Don't know why I had that idea. Maybe instead of a pickup I'll work on the 348 in the vett deal.

That would be cool Rich...
What year Vette? 62?
Michael LeFevers
Kugel and LeFevers Pontiac Firebird

Without Data You're Just Another Guy With An Opinion!

Racing is just a series of "Problem Solving" events that allow you to spend money & make noise...

Offline RichFox

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 09:41:18 AM »
I have not gone all the way round the bend just yet. I was only using the 348 powered Corvett as an example. If you had an 85 Camaro with a 350 in it that was Production legal and you removed the 350 and installed a 348 you would have preformed an engine swap and your car would now be a Gas Coup. If you had a 85 'Vett with a 350 that was GT legal and you removed the 350 and installed a 348, by the GT class rules you would not have done an engine swap and your car would still be in GT. For some reason I thougth tha same was true in Production Pickup. I guess not. But no 348 in any Vett. Not me.

dwarner

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 10:14:29 AM »
What year Vette? 62?

C6 would be better.

DW