Author Topic: Weather looks good!!!  (Read 6939 times)

Offline isiahstites

Weather looks good!!!
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:06:45 PM »
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/tenday/CAELSRVA:13

Who's going this weekend?? I am looking forward to finally being able to make a pass on my bike.
Hope to see everyone there.......

Scott

Offline Dean Los Angeles

Re: Weather looks good!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 12:21:35 AM »
If you were thinking about testing, 30-40 mph winds the next two days. Thursday 15-22 mph. Friday 7-10 mph, Saturday 5 mph early with 15-20 by noon. 5-10 mph on Sunday with a high of 78. Should be terrific.
This is for Victorville, 22 miles south east, but has been close to El Mirage temperatures and winds.
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?TempBox=1&RainBox=1&PoPBox=1&FcstType=graphical&textField1=34.5230&textField2=-117.3316&site=sgx&WindBox=1&ThunderBox=1&AheadHour=48&BackDay.x=42&BackDay.y=10&BackDay=0
This data is from the weather station at the lake bed.
http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=sgx&sid=EMRC1&num=48
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline Dean Los Angeles

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 02:24:58 PM »
El Mirage Forecast:
Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 46. West wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Saturday: Areas of blowing dust after 11am. Sunny, with a high near 78. Breezy, with a west wind between 20 and 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph.

Saturday Night: Areas of blowing dust before 11pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 43. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to between 5 and 10 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

Sunday: Areas of blowing dust after 11am. Sunny, with a high near 76. South wind 10 to 20 mph becoming east. Winds could gust as high as 30 mph.

The forecast is for high winds before sunrise and increases as the day goes on.
Well, it used to be Los Angeles . . . 50 miles north of Fresno now.
Just remember . . . It isn't life or death.
It's bigger than life or death! It's RACING.

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 12:19:25 AM »
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/outdoors/hourbyhour/CAELSRVA:13?begHour=21&begDay=293

Looks like there has been wind advisories all day. Also looks as if the winds are gonna slow this evening only to pick up in the a.m.

I am loaded and ready to go in hopes to make my first pass on this bike.

Scott

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 01:09:27 AM »
good luck and go fast.

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 01:15:31 AM »
Don't wanna be a doomsayer, but 20 miles east from Elmo today at my grandkids (One of six-but you grandparents know  how they multiply-and we have NOTHING to do with that)  birthday party it was PRETTY gusty by mid afternoon from the West (tail),   and my Inland Empire PBS station warned of 80 MPH wind in the San Berdoo/Riverside areas Sunday.

Being an INTERESTED BYSTANDER, see you all in November- but good luck manana.

Don't shoot the messenger!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Super Kaz

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 10:10:37 AM »
Don't wanna be a doomsayer, but 20 miles east from Elmo today at my grandkids (One of six-but you grandparents know  how they multiply-and we have NOTHING to do with that)  birthday party it was PRETTY gusty by mid afternoon from the West (tail),   and my Inland Empire PBS station warned of 80 MPH wind in the San Berdoo/Riverside areas Sunday.

Being an INTERESTED BYSTANDER, see you all in November- but good luck manana.

Don't shoot the messenger!

I Busted my Tail all week getting my bike ready'it's stuck on the dyno',but while driving home yesterday to get a new Part for my motorcycle. I BLEW A HEAD GASGET OR 2 :cry:on My Big Red Truck'Blew up the Intercooler driving back from B-ville last month,and had to drive it 350 miles home at 35mph with my flasher's on the shoiulder of the Road :oops:!
A BIG THANKS to Hap and His Side Kick'I'm BAD with Names :?",and Big Fritz & Son!
They Followed me all the way Home just incase I could'nt make it 'I Had No Cell service' So I had to do it :wink: Since my Buddy "The Worlds Fastest" John and Michelle didn't realize I broke down'We were Time Trialing Home :evil:'
Then I Wound up having to replace The Intercooler 3 time'the first 2 didn't fit' my Early 2003 F-250 PSD  6.0 with a 2006 6.0 PSD Motor.Then 2 Batteries,and 3-new 200 Amp Alternator's"2 BAD RELAY'S"!
What a PIA ,and Now she's TOAST Leaking water and Oil out of the exhaust system while hitting 254 degrees driving home from the shop yesterday:x
I could have seen it nuken itself on the Baker Grade rushing to be there today :-(!
I Hope The Fires and Windy Weather gets better for all the Cali Racer's and Families ,Wish I was there instead of here! :cry:
Good Luck Everyone,and GO SDRC :mrgreen:!!!!!

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 07:43:15 PM »
Weather was terrible the whole way up this morning and absolutley beautiful with NO wind when we got there around 6:30 a.m.

I teched the bike and waited a for awhile before I payed and registered to make sure the wind was going to stay down.......well wouldn't you know it as soon as I payed the wind kicked up and didn't let up..........a few bikes and cars got to run, but not many and someone was life flighted out. I do not know many details about the accident so I gonna keep quiet, rather than speculating.

I hope who ever was in the crash is going to be alright and I wish them and there family the best.

Scott

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 07:47:59 PM »
 payed  :? or paid  :roll:
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 07:51:02 PM »
payed  :? or paid  :roll:

Give me a break I have been up since 3:30 A.M. this morning!

Offline Rchop

• FRS Engineering
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 07:58:47 PM »
 :-D :-D :-D LOL where's my violin :wink:
Each unexpected discovery is first ridiculed, then objected to and finally considered self evident
www.frsengineering.com
#4836 A-PBF 750cc(complete)
#765 A/G 650cc